Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What if...u connect a DG Holeshot module to the same wires as new H/L module?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What if...u connect a DG Holeshot module to the same wires as new H/L module?

From what I've read to date, it appears that the new H/L module uses 3 wires, but 1 of them is connected to a different wire on the cdi than the DG holeshot module connects to. So far, I have not yet heard anyone explain what this different wire is supposed to do for the cdi. I have to wonder if its just a different positive wire or ground wire to feed the module...but I have no real idea.

FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, LETS JUST ASSUME THAT THE NEW H/L MODULE PERFORMS BETTER THAN THE DG HOLESHOT AND OTHER MODULES. Under that assumption, that begs the question...Does the new H/L module work better than the DG Holeshot module b/c its connected to a different wire on the cdi OR b/c its operating at a different frequency than the DG Holeshot module?

Here's crazy thought for you to ponder...what if we hook up a DG holeshot module to the exact same wires on the cdi as the new H/L module are supposed to connect to? Would that make the DG holeshot module perform any differently? If not, would that mean the new H/L module must operate on a different frequency and that particular frequency is the reason it supposedly performs better than the rest of the modules?

Old 02-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What if...u connect a DG Holeshot module to the same wires as new H/L module?

prairie633 just put the H/L box on his '02 650. How 'bout it, prairie633? Does the box hook up to the pink wire from the speed sensor, or does it hook to a different wire?

Old 02-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

They should work the same way. The battery's positive goes from the battery through a 30 amp fuse and exits as a white wire. This white wire goes to the ignition switch. One of the two output wires of the ignition switch comes out as a brown wire which then runs to the engine stop switch and exits as the yellow with red stripe wire, which serves as the main power supply to the igniter. The DG tech told me that it wasn't a good idea to power a module by the brown wire because when the ignition switch is on, but the run switch is off, the module will output into the igniter when it is off, which he said is not good for either device. He said they should be powered on and off in unison. The wire info came from my 2002 service manual.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Prairie633 - does the output from the H/L box go to the pink wire?

Old 02-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Novakaw650, yes I am afraid so. The output frequency is different. Do you have a way to reach Red650. I need his expertise with some of my results, thanks.