Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Finally - A ride with the new Dalton parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally - A ride with the new Dalton parts

Had a really good ride today, 2 V's, Banshee, Raptor and 330ex. Probably 4 of our 5 best riders also, we were wide open all day and the V was flyin' on the trails. Still way too muddy to drag anybody, but the acceleration on the pipelines was awesome. It pulled hard all the way to the top, no flat spots, scary fast at times. The weights have taken most of the stall out of the spring, so I'm going to throw 3 shims back in before we do any racing.

Any of you guys running the pink with a set of duals, this is the way you're going to want to go. You can feel it revving faster with the new cover on. I was pulling 30+ mph wheelies on the trail over puddles. It was pulling so hard going up steep hils I was having serious trouble keeping it on the path.

Old 02-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

KEVINM,Did you use the HPD Plain or the Dalton Blue spring?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Kevin, being you have it set just right could you give us the exact set up you have.....Jets (front/back), clip or shim position on the needle, exact Dalton weights your using and what spring??? Thanks!!!

Old 02-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mark82ndABN
Kevin, being you have it set just right could you give us the exact set up you have.....Jets (front/back), clip or shim position on the needle, exact Dalton weights your using and what spring??? Thanks!!!
By the sounds of it he does have HIS v set up right...each machine is different and may take different things to dial it in right but I suppose with his information it would get people in the ball park of where it might be

Old 02-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Range Rover

with the weights and the cover how will it work with the pink. i have the hpd plain but idont like the top end of that spring i feeel my pink pulls harder mid to top

Old 02-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

I went back to the HPD plain from the purple I was using. The shiftout seems to have come down enough to keep it pulling hard on top and its just flat-out screaming low to mid. If I can't get back the stall with the shims I may change to the Polaris orange or Hotseat blue for racing. The field we usually race in is a couple hundred yards long, I don't think the pink would be nearly enough spring for me to be able to hold off a Banshee.

Everybody's setup is different, you just have to keep experimenting. I've tried a dozen different springs and every jet size from 135 up to 158 in the carbs. I haven't had to touch the needles, its always been very strong bottom to top.
This is my current setup, the only thing not listed is the removal of the coolant lines from the carbs.

For people using the pink with duals and airbox mods, I'd try a stiffer spring and the adjustable weights and bushings. Keep adding weight if you need to until its pulling strong on top.