Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

H/L DG Hole shot

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004 | 11:07 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default H/L DG Hole shot

TOP SPEED IS SAME WITH H/L MODULE WEIGHT DIFF. IS AROUND 11 PDS. WE SWAPED BIKES H/L STILL WON SOME OF FORUMS SAY THEY DO NOT FELL ANY MIDRANGE MINE PULLS MORE THRU MID

Old 02-20-2004 | 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default H/L DG Hole shot

I put a HL powerpack on and has substantial difference on bottom. Not sure about midrange though......can't seem to tell much difference though there might be one. Haven't ridden it enough to tell. My brother has a bone stock one that is identical to me. I've run him several times and know pretty much the exact differences......so I'm going to run him now with the powerpack and see if it's different in midrange.

Old 02-20-2004 | 11:20 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default H/L DG Hole shot

Originally posted by: RebelDS
I put a HL powerpack on and has substantial difference on bottom. Not sure about midrange though......can't seem to tell much difference though there might be one. Haven't ridden it enough to tell. My brother has a bone stock one that is identical to me. I've run him several times and know pretty much the exact differences......so I'm going to run him now with the powerpack and see if it's different in midrange.

Old 02-20-2004 | 11:22 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default H/L DG Hole shot

I TURNED AIR SCREWS IN 1/4 TURN RUNS GREAT

Old 02-23-2004 | 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default H/L DG Hole shot

RebelDS, try running side-by-side at 25 or 30 MPH for a few seconds and then racing from there. I am waiting to have access to a friends Prairie 700 to test this. I want to define the actual range of improvement as well as the amount. I now have an old DG, new DG, and the HL module. I also plan to test the new cdi on the same stock machine. I want to compare performance vs. cost on a stock machine. Later I may repeat the cdi tests for each mod added to the Prairie. By running against your Brother, you may be able to find the upper speed where they are identical again.

Old 02-23-2004 | 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default H/L DG Hole shot

I did try something. I was running along at 5 mph for several seconds and went WOT from there. I assumed at that point, the timing was no longer retarded. From starting at 5 mph, I couldn't really tell a difference from the way it was before installing the HL. I don't know much about these modules, but it seems I only gained on the bottom end, or at least only noticed it at the bottom end.

Old 02-23-2004 | 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default H/L DG Hole shot

RebelDS, that is exactly how HL claims their module differs from the others. Despite warnings from others, I spent the money and ordered the HL module, after talking to Dan at HL. He specifically promised me that their device was not like the others in parts, or in function, and that it does add power if you start from a steady 10 MPH speed. I was a little upset when I removed the "rubber" off the HL device and found a basic 555 timer circuit with no special parts. From what I was told, a stock Prairie will only advance above 10 degs after is reads a speed over about 3 MPH, and then it can take 2 to 3 seconds to reach full timing depending on the RPM (28 degs at 4000). The harder the throttle and higher the RPM's within that delay time, the bigger the gain over the stock Prairie. So by running 5 or 10 MPH for 3 seconds before nailing the throttle, both Prairies will be at the same timing and power, until you let the stock Prairie drop below 3 MPH again.