Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

atv insurance ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004 | 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv insurance ??

Someone stole my Prairie out of my garage back in Nov. They cut holes in the garage door, pryed the garage door opener loose and rolled the door up. They then rolled my wheeler away to never be seen again. This all happened why I was asleep in the house and I didnt hear a thing! I turned it in on homeowners insurance and it wasnt covered. All motorized vehicles have to have its own coverage. The garage door was covered! So I was out $6,000 plus on my camo Prairie. And yes it was paid for!
I replaced the wheeler and took it to my insurance agent before I ever took it home. I have state farm and I think I paid $180 for the year and it covers me, the wheeler and anyone I hit with it.
By the way if you see a '03 camo prairie with c-series and itp atr tires, warn winch and 3 way hitch let me know. It only had 100 miles on it when it vanished in the middle of the night.

Old 02-19-2004 | 12:24 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default atv insurance ??

damn, sorry to hear that havinsomefun. there is nothing worse than a thief.

Old 02-19-2004 | 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv insurance ??

MaBell-- try WWW.Progessive.com I nearly totaled my P-650 KAW., they paid off without a hitch. I am an Ohio resident, and my insurance is about $140 FULL COVERAGE, It is too cheap, NOT to have it!
Your homeowners ins. will not cover an ATV, most likely. UNLESS it is used to maintain the property. You REALLY should call your agent.

Old 02-19-2004 | 02:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv insurance ??

ME TOO, Progressive covers my Raptor, and Prairie with total coverage(theft, crash, liability, whatever) and my KLR650 minimum required by state, for $285 A YEAR..... Great price....

Old 02-19-2004 | 02:24 PM
Range Rover
Default atv insurance ??

In reply to 700cc on the mudlites, so far I'm happy with them, I spent alot of time thinking about what would be best for me. They ride very smooth on hardpack but seem to do a good job in snow and mud. I'll find out more on the mud once all the snow melts.

A question for you Tonyross700 what kind of policy did you purchase to cover mechanical failures? I did not know progressive sold warranties along with the regular comp/coll and liability.

Old 02-19-2004 | 02:29 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default atv insurance ??

i tried progressive and they dont offer it in west virginia. That is to cheap not to have it. Hopefully i will find something soon. My wife is getting tired of me sleeping in the shed on the 4 wheeler. thanks

Old 02-19-2004 | 02:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default atv insurance ??

Originally posted by: Mobyguzzer
A question for you Tonyross700 what kind of policy did you purchase to cover mechanical failures? I did not know progressive sold warranties along with the regular comp/coll and liability.
it's not a warranty.. just insurance. they cover antyhing done to the quad... anything that would require fixing..

Old 02-19-2004 | 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv insurance ??

There is always Mutual of Mossberg, or perhaps , Rottweiler of Omaha Ins. !

Old 02-19-2004 | 03:42 PM
Range Rover
Default atv insurance ??

I just want to make sure I have this straight before I call Progressive. Are you saying that they will cover mechanical damage during a crash, theft, vandalism, storm like typical comp/coll insurance. Or are you saying that in addition to the typical comp/coll stuff if you just happen to blow a motor or toast a clutch or what have you that they will pay?

it's not a warranty.. just insurance. they cover antyhing done to the quad... anything that would require fixing

Old 02-19-2004 | 03:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default atv insurance ??

well, from what i understand anything broken on the ATV weather it be rider error or factory fault. it's covered. the deductable is high. i forget what it is tho.. but you need to call. insurance is different in every state...

Quick Reply: atv insurance ??