Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BOUGHT YOSHIMURA DUALS INSTEAD OF HMF

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOUGHT YOSHIMURA DUALS INSTEAD OF HMF

JUST RECEIVED MY YOSHIMURA DUAL EXAUST TODAY. I DECIDED TO PURCHASE THEM INSTEAD OF HMF BECAUSE OF THE DECIBAL LEVEL OF THE HMF AND THEY NO LONGER RECOMMEND THE QUIET CORES WITH THEIR PIPES. I GOT IT WITH THE TEC QUIET KIT OPTION WHICH YOSHIMURA SAYS WILL ADJUST LEVEL TO 96DB OR 94DB. CAN'T WAIT TO INSTALL IT, THE SYSTEM LOOKS LIKE IT IS TOP QUALITY AND LOOKS AWESOME WITH THE TRI-OVAL CANISTERS. JUST WAITING FOR NEW EXAUST PORT GASKETS FROM KAWI THIS WEEK. TALKED TO YOSHIMURA TODAY AND NO JETTING CHANGES ARE REQUIRED FOR STOCK BIKE. ANYONE RUNNING STOCK JETTING WITH YOSHI DUALS?

Old 02-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Get some pictures up after you mount those bad boys......those tri-oval cans are going to look awesome!

Old 02-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

And the usual question.............how much?

Old 02-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my yosh duals a couple of months ago and never rejeted . Talked to my neighbor who is a mechanic for a local Kawasaki Polaris shop and asked him about rejeting, he said they tend to be a little on the rich side from factory, and if it's running good don't mess with it. I'm at 500 ft. above sea level with no air box mods . I'm real pleased with the power just the way it is, but then I'm 58 and maybe slowing down in my old age. Also I know this , It's a heck of alot faster than my 99 Polaris scrambler was with clutch kit and pipe .

---------------
2004 V-Force
99 Polaris Sport

Old 02-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

I PAID $659 FROM MOTXOUTLET.COM......I PAID $34 A PIECE FOR 2 TEC KITS ON MAGICRACING.COM....THAT WAS THE CHEAPEST DEAL I COULD FIND ON THE INTERNET. DID ANYONE PUT NEW EXAUST PORT GASKETS ON WHEN YOU INSTALLED THE DUALS OR DID YOU REUSE ORIGINALS? THANKS.....

Old 02-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

just put on my duncans on today, very loud, am a little bothered that for $700 they don't throw in some new gaskets.

Old 02-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Got my Yosh pipes back in January. I got to tell ya after getting them on I did not notice any big gains, other than noise. I tryed them on the street with the holeshot tires and I seriously thought what the hell! Didnt hardly notice anything at all I even concidered returning them and paying the restocking fee. I primarly ride in Glamis and when I changed my dirt tires to my hand cut sand tires that are taller than usal sand tires the differance really showed itself here! I mean I couldnt belive it I thought that I was smoking something! So my buddy happend to be in Glamis with me one weekend and I asked him to ride my bike and compare it to his........................He came back with disbelife on his face and said you ported this thing hun? So tryed my buddies that has the exact same setup as I do except he has the Gecko sand tires installed on his. Rember my hand cut tires are about 3 inches tall than his and man WOW! huge differance between the two quads. When you put the pipes on I dont think you will notice that much differance like I didnt. I think that it must be a combo of the two that make it the "SHIZNIZAL" So when you get your pipes on and if you think the same way I think buy a taller set of tires and I think you will be happy. One more thing yes I got to race my buddy heads up my quad against his and he got smoked buy about 8 bike lengths in 1/4 mile drag that we marked off. After that race he called on the cell phone and ordered his $320 set of hand cut paddels. That price is with out the rims!!humm.........yes they are pricy but worth it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Range Rover

tell me more about these "hand cut paddles".

Old 02-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Shure be happy to tell ya. They are from sand tires unlimited they start off as a desert mini trac then they are shaved. When compared to the sand skate tires as far as I can tell there are 3 mini paddels that are shaved and recut to a special design. Not only are they taller but they are much lighter. This will help in less weight to spin at the wheel that equals quicker acceleration. The tires also work 2 ways. If you let the air out of them down to 3 1/2 psi they bite hard great for drag racing. Pump them up to 5 1/2 psi and they are great for sliding around in the dunes. Yeha i know it sound to good to be true. People are now just finding out about these tires and there is now a 3 month waiting list to get them. The only draw back to the tire is puncture resistance is not good. But I will deal with that for the benifits they give me. We have compared these tires also on shees. These tires in hill racing and at the flats are good for at least 3 to 4 bike lengths. No kidding! Another thing we noticed is that as you pick up in the rmp's the tires accualy grow in size! This also helps out tremendously in top speed. Yeha I know sound like bs but they work great! Its funny when you call them up to order them they act like they dont know what you are talking about. I turns out that there is only 1 guy who know how to do the comp grove pattern and he is in the back cutting away like a busy little elf. As far as i know he hates to do it, its alot of work and when you see the tire you will understand. The guy does an awsome job. Hats off the the guy. Anyway there you go as much as i have written about the tires you would think i work for them or i am getting a commission from them. Nope! I just have been into atving for about 18 years and have spent alot of money on things that I thought should work by looks alone and what they advertise in the mags. So I am just passing along the knowlage that i have accuired over time. Rember if puncture resistance is primary dont get these tires. I havent tubed them either nor do I think that would be a good thing to do.
Anyways there you go good luck.

Happy duning!!!!

04 Vforce
04 Z400
02 Shee
04 Discovery
04Sports Trailer
Life is good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

When i put my hmf duals i notice i big difference. i have a modded scrambler and it would out run my V till i put the pipes on the V and rejetted. they are loud but they sound good!! loud pipes save lives right!1