Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Are Duals really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Duals really worth it?

Originally posted by: TRX500
I have seen one thing that tells me that the duals make more power. When racing my nethews V with no dauls I could pull him the entire run. When he put his dauls back on it would be even except his would slightly pull on me on top end. But are they worth it..... probably not for what we like to do GE4x4. You know as well as I do it is more about handling and the guy on the seat, and the guy on the seat the most. Because you could put me on the most modded V ever set perfect for me...drag one off the showroom floor give it to my nethew and he will be 5 min. ahead of me at a GNCC race after one lap. I wish now I would have spent the money towards Elka's, but I do love the sound of those HMF's. I think the sound sold me. For guys that drag....they would be something to have, and needed to win, but not in the woods. Just my 2 cents.
Very well said TRX500, those were my thoughts after my ride. And even MentalState could not believe the difference with my Elka's over his stock suspension. What really showed me how good my suspension was, when I followed MentalState, and allmost everytime he took a corner, his rear wheel would leave the ground. Then when he rode mine, my rear stayed planted on the ground.

Ghostrdr, I know springs don't make HP, but they will utilize the HP to the fullest. My blue spring pulls much harder then my stock one, thus gaining acceleration faster, then it pulls all the way to the top with no flat spots like the stock one does. So even tho I didn't gain HP with the spring, but for $29, I am faster and can get to top speed sooner. So when you race in the woods, that's what you need. I saw Adam Howell take a stock V with new shocks in the front without rezzie's get in the top 3 overall in many GNCC races. And this is over many moded of all make atv's. Even TRX500 nefew did this. I think I'm going to reserch it more before I drop $600 on a set of duals.

Old 02-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: GE4x4What really showed me how good my suspension was, when I followed MentalState, and allmost everytime he took a corner, his rear wheel would leave the ground. Then when he rode mine, my rear stayed planted on the ground.
I went riding Thursday with Doug, and tried out those Elka's....thry were like riding on a pillow. No harsh landings from jumps, and they just sucked up the choppy stuff. Made mine feel like a pogo-stick after I got back on it. But my steering damper(its new) makes a huge differance. I never noticed until after we swapped around we both knew it made a huge differance. Now to talk the wife into 2K for shocks.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: TRX500[/i Now to talk the wife into 2K for shocks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

You should be able to cut $500 out of that. So just tell your wife that the shocks were going to cost $2000, but you found a deal for $1500. Then tell her you just saved $500[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: GE4x4You should be able to cut $500 out of that. So just tell your wife that the shocks were going to cost $2000, but you found a deal for $1500. Then tell her you just saved $500[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
George, I believe she knows that one, because that is the type of thing that I hear.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

BTW...Doug is a poster boy on the new HMF posters. Didn't know I was riding with a celeb until I stopped at the local Kaw shop, and there he was up there on the wall with the HMF pipes. No wonder he had sunglasses on all day thursday.LOL

Old 02-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

TRX500
I saw on a couple of web sites where they talked about the 04 GNCC Team Green Racers. They listed there team, but I noticed they left out Doug. What's with that? I would be a little upset that they didn't even mention him as part of the team.

Old 02-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Range Rover

Here is where it is now until after the photos in FL. Then here. They still have the 03 riders right now.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

This is where I saw it. No Doug. Bryan Baker wasn't on last years team, and he was listed.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Hi,
I'm getting confused about all of this spring talk. I understand the concept I think.

However, blue spring, red spring, pink spring, Polaris 37/...., etc. Is there anywhere I can go to read a primer on spring characteristics and what all of the numbers and colors mean?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 02-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Range Rover

It does not mention Ryan Wuebbeling either and he was last year and this year also????????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: markdf
Hi,
I'm getting confused about all of this spring talk. I understand the concept I think.

However, blue spring, red spring, pink spring, Polaris 37/...., etc. Is there anywhere I can go to read a primer on spring characteristics and what all of the numbers and colors mean?

Thanks,
Mark

Try
this, and this.

Quick Reply: Are Duals really worth it?