Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NITROUS on their V?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NITROUS on their V?

well the people i talked to at boondockers sent me email and the system for the v dynoed a 20 hp gain at rear wheels. i am not a math teacher but thats alot more than 15-20% power increase . but tell me if ia ma wrong

Old 02-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, that is a bunch.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:33 PM
mrh
Trailblazer

There is no way they are getting 20 rwhp on a dry system with standard setup. I am very familiar with their product as many of my friend s run it on their snowmobiles. This would be over a 50% hp increase at the rear wheels. 20% is approx 7 rwhp.

I personally prefer wet systems due to the added versatility, and you do have the potential of 20 rwhp, but you would be pushing the limits of a stock motor. I rhave routinely ran 30 hp per cylinder in a 2 stroke 3 cylinder snomobile.

I will eventually add it to my p700. I have had it on a scambler before and put it on several raptors for guys. I always add the electric fuel pump to make sure that you are not over taxing the stock fuel pump.

If all you are looking for is 10hp for short burst (5 sec or so) you could run a dry nozzle directly into the air box and jet a couple sizes rich. This works extremely well for drag racing, becuase you can fog your air box for a little extra hole shot power.

Old 02-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Don't shoot to much or jet it wrong
Look at my photo page!

if you go with the NX SYSYEM i will come with a little card that will tell you what jets to use for what shot do not do it like it says flip flop it and you will be fine always more fuel than nos

Old 02-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

If anybody needs pricing on an NX system let me know. I should know for sure tommorrow. What size shot were you running when you fragged that piston?

Old 02-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

checked again and it is 18 hp on the dyno. on a vforce

Old 02-25-2004, 11:52 PM
mrh
Trailblazer

******Caution******

Jet per manufacture reccomendations - you will not burn down a stock motor. In general don't go over 50% hp increase. Any question call tech line - they are very helpful and will get you the correct information for your application.

I personally like to run a button rather than a microswitch just for a little more hands on control. In a wet system wire them per their direction - over time I started removing pieces like relays etc thinking that I don't need them. They are there for a reason and the system will work better and be more consistant with them. If your quad does not have a battery you can run it off of a bridge rectifier. I have never had the best of luck with these but many do. I have had better luck getting a regulator/rectifier off of a model with a battery and using this to power my system. I personnaly use a battery becuase I have found it to keep everything the most consistant. Many of my friends don't use one - it somewhat depends on your machine.
In machines that do not have a battery I have had a hobby shop make me a 12v battery out of R/C car cells so it is very small and light.

I have had experience with every manufacturer in at least one application, and I can't say anything bad about any of them. They all offer a good product and good support.

Final caution - a long time ago (before I started running nitrous) somone once told me: Nitrous is like drugs - you can never have enough, and you are always out.

Old 02-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

all the talk of hp to the rear wheels, but will this be able to give us more top end speed??????????

Old 02-26-2004, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I think you would start to feel the limiter kicking in with nos. I could use the juice myself, I have problems on my V with not having enough pull on the top end. At the Ice track I can get the rappys out of the hole and down threw the corners, but on straight aways they pull pass me and get out a few quad lenths. I feel if I had a special button to push on the straights I could keep my leads. I would go with the Boondockers kit if I was to buy.

Old 02-26-2004, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider

I was shooting just a 20 hp shot and i did that to my piston 300 dollars later its fixed with a new 11:5:1 forged piston

Quick Reply: NITROUS on their V?