Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NITROUS on their V?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 11:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NITROUS on their V?

Need to have a little surprise this spring . . . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just wondering if anyone has put a nitrous system on his or her V? Any and all feedback is appreciated at this point am debating between building my own system or just purchasing an off the shelf system.

I have come across this web site http://www.boondockers.com in my research.

RJ

Old 02-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

I am an NX dealer and have thought about doing this too. I just dont know if the V-force has forged pistons. It already does have a fuel pump so I could run a pretty slick NX set up.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I would think the new Boondocker system would work rather well, little amount of hook up to the air box supposed to supply 15 - 20 % more ponys according to Boondocker. I use a Corvette injection system through direct intake this way I can use a 2 stage injection system. First boost is 8% then 12% at a higher rpm it works rather well coupled with the super charger. Total input of Nos and blower produces just over 80 HP at 9500 rpm. Nos is nice!! I should tell this is on a P700 but I did have it on a V Force last summer the results were dramatic. Tell you the truth I don't know if the pistons are forgded but a low amount of Nos will not hurt the motor it is relatively indistructable.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:41 AM
Trailblazer

RJ

you have beat me to the punch i was going to post the same question.
I have found a nos brand kit for twin cylinder bikes this kit includes feul pump in line, lines,all the hardware for $550.00. My only concern is the jets of the kit is for sprtbike or atv? Also Zmann nx should have a twin kit i think i have seen them in nx books. just dont know about jets and have no experience with nos brand i have delt with nx they have a great product. any help will be very wonderful. thanksmark

Old 02-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

They do have a kit. I will double check on it. I do know that is comes with a fuel pump which I am pretty sure we won't need. I am not sure what fuel pressure their pump is set up to run at and if the V is running at the pressure too? I use NX on my Camaro and have sold a lot of different kits with great success.

Old 02-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Trailblazer

i saw a grizzly the other day with a nx kit on it and he had the pump installed just wondering? He said he was running a 30 shot sounded a little high to me though. thanks zmann.

Old 02-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

I will check. What year grizzly was it? Do the newer grizzlys even have a fuel pump or are the gravity fed? I assume that he is using a 2.5lb bottle. I would think running some high octane gas would keep it pretty safe. I would be suprised about the 30hp shot. Chances are it is really rich.

Old 02-25-2004, 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

he is a owner of a shop and they just sell yamaha. The grizz is a new camo one and he wanted me to ride it but i dont like to ride other hard. He only told me after i said i have a vforce and p700 then i had to ask him about the feul pump before he admitted it to me. he ran it around the parking lot and it done pretty good from watching. he had a 2lb bottle in the trunk looked like a nice install. the only thing about the v is where do you put the bottle not crazy about all in harms way. friend of mine had a bottle fall of a hit rear tire on r6 sportbike running about 50 not pretty no harm except to bottle though

Old 02-25-2004, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

I have no idea where to hide it. Maybe by the air box? So, I would assume that the Grizzly is gravity fed? My buddy has an older 600grizzly and it is gravity fed. I would thinkthat you would put a nozzle under each carb right before the intake and it would really scream since we won't be hitting any rev limiters or missing any shifts like some of the other guys.

Old 02-25-2004, 02:40 AM
Trailblazer

that is what i was thinking. I finally am getting to lanch my v full throttle on hard packed dirt it only took me one fat series grab bar. I raced a 330r a couple mounths ago and he passed me around 200 ft. Got home from reno andremoved black sec spring and installed dalton cover and weights and red epi sring and now i can beat him by half a quad length most of the time. I wass going to do some 300 ft drags on pavement and can not get full throttle lanch on blacktop need nos to get it on mid and top end. what kind of deal on nx can you give. email me at markkfx700@hotmail.com. Thanks mark.

Quick Reply: NITROUS on their V?