Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DG Snorkel vs Napa hose

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DG Snorkel vs Napa hose

OK Now that i have finally dialed my V in with new HMF duals and the correct jetting i am noticing the power everyone is talking about.. my next step is i think i want to mod the intake.. i want to know from you all out there who have done both mods which would be better im not hear to much good about this DG snorkel.. and im not sure if i understand this napa hose thing... would anyone be interested in explaining this to me {break it down for a 5 year old} im planning on draging my v and possibly racing it in a cc style race.. also put it in laymens terms will i need to rejet and with all the rejetting im doing would it be cost effective for jet kits or dial a jet which to me sounds like more of a head ache... also as many times as ive had the bowls off my carbs the screws look war torn are their a more rugged replacement or anywhere i can just buy new ones. {vise grips work wonders} any help you smart guys can give me i want to get my foot in the door to helping my V uphold the high standards that your own are laying down.. im also avaiable for one on one council on yahoo if that would be better im a little slow at some things...

Old 03-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

You should be replacing the bowl screws with hex head screws... someone, I think on this forum listed the size screws needed... A search may turn up the size needed

If you really want the best flow, then the DGR snorkle is what you want, but the flex hose will flow nearly the same... the stock filter box is SO restricted, that you can do nearly any thing to it & it will be better... some guy's have just removed the stock snorkle completely... I don't reccommend this if you are planning on doing any CC racing with it, under very dusty or muddy conditions ... IMO, the Dial-a-jet is the way to go, but if you're comfortable jetting, then so be it...

any time you increase ( or decrease ) the air flow through your engine, you may need to rejet one of the benifits of the Dial-a-jet, is, for example, the condition of your air filter can varry greatly ( in dusty or muddy conditions ), through out a 90 minute race... your filter may be nearly plugged by the end of a race... with the smaller jets in the carbs, with the Dial-a-jet installed, you will not be running rich, as the Dial-a-jet only pulls the extra gas it needs... this can make a big difference in mileage, & can make a difference in weather you may need to stop for gas or not...

Old 03-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Rkhard, if you want to e-mail me I have some pretty good pictures of the NAPA hose installed on my V-Force. I may eventually get the DG snorkel but for now every extra penny is going towards my "Elka shocks fund". My e-mail: mncreid@epix.net

Old 03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

mark i intend to get with you via email cuz like you im saving for the high dollar parts like the shocks and think mabey i could do some homegrownstuff to the airbox to help save some pennys. im in PA right now and wont be home and have acess to my email till this weekend. but from the looks of your v wow its comming along very nicly just wish i was as handy with the tools as some of you guys.. truly amazing work

Old 03-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

I went to Sears Hardware and matched up some stainless steel screws for the carbs. Seems to be working nicely. I've taken them off three times since changing them out, and they don't have a mark on them.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Range Rover

hit me up pm on exact sizes so i can make a trip to sears and put and end to using the vice grips

Old 03-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

RKHARD your screw size is 4mm by 14mm. i found 4 by 16 stainless steal allen heads at the hardware store & ground them down so they wernt to long. had mine off 6 times is the past week.

02 650p
napa #7335
nyroc muffler
158f/162r jets

Old 03-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

I ordered a 100 4mm x 14mm stainless steel hex head screws from an industrial hardware store.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Range Rover

hey guys just a heads up went to lowes today and got some pretty heavey duty allen head bolts 4mm x 12mm and yes they are 2 mm shorter but they seem to work very good and i think they will last longer and at 50 cents for 2 thats very cheap...

Old 03-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

i did the napa snorkel this past weekend on a p-650....its easy to do just cut about 1/2 inch off of the largest end of the hose....push it onto the airbox....tighten it down.....now place stock snorkel beside it to mark approximate length.....cut too length...and you are done...
you will now probably be lean if you are jetted stock....i had to go to 142f/145r and play with airscrews to dial in.....i may be changing pilot jets too in the near future......the napa # 7335 was $14.99
hope this helps?

Quick Reply: DG Snorkel vs Napa hose