Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Rear Shock for Mojave

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Shock for Mojave

I know I'm probably beating this issue to death- but I've looked on Ebay and pictures of the Honda shock; 400ex, 250R, 450R all seem to have a 2 pronged base so as to sit atop and around a base, whereas the 'jave has that solid loop hole at the bottom to mount in the middle of the shock mount. Thanks again.

P.S. Haven't found a Lakota swingarm yet, but looking.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kwackerman, on e-bay look up item # 2464159650, that is the shock your looking for. the top of the shock fits in the jave just fine, but the bottom is wider, thats where grinding the spacers off the factory shock mount comes in. it fits so nice i even used all of the kawasaki bolts(didnt have to buy anything except two good sized hose clamps for the rezzy.)

Old 03-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

qwacker.I have aqueston for ya.would puttingan edelbrock 38 mm on my MO or klr over carb the bikes.DOes it make instant seat of the pants feel for the price an headaches of rerouting stuff make it worth it?

Old 03-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Hey sugarhead, I haven't used anything other than the 400ex carb save for the stocker as well. I got the carb on Ebay for $66 with shipping but you'll also need the thumb or a twist throttle made for a 400ex. The edelbrock looks great and all- but costs like exponentially more. I know that mojaveaddict has tried some sort of a 38mm carb on his but the unit from the 400ex behaved better for'em. I'm real happy with mine.

Old 03-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks juniorsmojave, I see the shock but how do you bolt it up at the bottom? The 250R shock has like a split flange at the bottom wheras the 'jave has a single eye bolt hole. Do ya have some slose up shots of yours that you can put up on your page? Thanks

Old 03-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks juniorsmo...... for the shock tips!

Old 03-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

kwackerman, when my wife gets home about 5:30 tonight i will have her get some shots of it, idont know how to use all this new digital stuff. plus i am not sure if she knows how to post pictures so you may waant to reply with some info on it so i can get the pictures up as soon as possible thank you.

Old 03-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

You bet, at the top of the forum frame, where ya have the little squares; customize, gallery, my page, profile, search, today, help , faq, home, and log out click on my page and it will walk you through on posting pictures and all. Thanks, oh yeah- I think the light is going on, ya grind off a bit of each of the legs at the bottom of the shock- then place that into the base on the swing arm and maybe something in the middle of the flange so it won't collapse when ya tighten it up. Yeah,,,,,,,

Old 03-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

i see where you having a hard time with the looks of the shock, the fork mounting that your looking at is probabaly 1/4" thick, it is plenty strong, your shock mount will bend or break before that will, but if you are worried you can get some 5/16" to 1/4" tubing that has a little bit bigger diameter then your shock bolt, cut it to fit in the forks and bolt it all together. the more i think of it the more i think i am gonna do it myself. as far as the grinding goes you only grind on the swing arm not the shock itself. look at yours and see where the lower shock mount is. look at it close and on each side of rubber, on the shock, there is a welded spacer those have to come off to get the r shock in. it is a pain unless your arm is on a bench but can be done. anyway i hope this helps for now till i get the pictures up.

Old 03-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the explanation juniorsmojave, I'm kinda getting a picture of how all this will work, but a couple pictures would help, thanks a bunch!

Quick Reply: Rear Shock for Mojave