Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Rear Shock for Mojave

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Shock for Mojave

kwackerman, we have the pictures tooken but having a hard time getting the pictures to my page. i have a friend who is suppose to come out tonight that is real good with computers and will get me fixed up. i was wondering if there was a way to just post the pictures on the thread, any ideas i will try.

Old 03-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all your efforts, junior. But yes, you can post them on the thread. See the little blue squares at the top of the thread? Labled; customize, gallery, my page, profile, search etc.... Click on the one that says my page and it'll walk ya thru everything. But I think I'm getting a clearer picture of it all now- the bottom mounting flange on the shock goes over on the outside of the swingarm, and the grinding needed is the grinding of the gusseting on the swingarm to make room for the lower shock mount. Yeah- I think I got it now......... Thanks

Old 03-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer

kwackerman, i am having problems cause my pictures are to big or something like that, anyway my friend will be coming over again tonight to try to work on it more. i am gonna pm you with some info from mojave addict, and if you pm me leave your email address. my friend said that if you did that we could get them to you no problem, like i said i am a idiot with all this digital stuff. thanks.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm- I don't know how to 'PM'. Yes- the pictures can only be a certian size- you can resize them in Photoshop or a similar grafix application. So far so good- thanks for all yer help so far, I tightened up the rear shock yesterday after looking at it an figuring it out with a good hammer and a punch. I'm gonna go for a ride like that first and see what happens the shock is probably trashed anyways, but the real trouble was that my supertrapp was getting nailed by the rear brake caliper because of the necessity of it's location, I've since moved it; I'll post pictures on that. Now it's the front shocks that are too stiff, and they're on the softest setting- I have some Blaster front shocks that I got I don't remember where that I'm gonna try to fit and see what happens. Thanks again

Old 03-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer

kwackermann, to pm, login and go to a thread, at the top of the page on the left hand side, there will be a picture of a padlock, yours should say one new message, i already sent you one. click on it and everything you need to know will be there. hope your rear shock is fixed though. i am about to buy some works dual rate for the frontend of mine. thanks.

Old 03-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

also if you want a brand new rear, only 2 rides on it, stock shock and brand new, 4 or 5 rides, front stock shocks let me know, tonight i am gonna try to fit them on a friends 250x, but i dont know if they will. if they dont i will give you a good deal on them, maybe just shipping or something. let me know

Old 03-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the offer on the shocks. Mine don't leak or anything, even the hammered to death rear one. Really I need to go riding with the new settings. I just took some pics of my jave, the rehung supertrapp and where it was getting nailed off of my trophy jumps.

Old 03-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

OK- here it is! I've posted a new pic of the shock and spring, and reposted the other 3 new pics so they show up bigger when clicked on. The KDX spring looks about the same diameter, but my question to everyone is- can the spring on the stock shock actually be removed? There's something that looks like a collar at the top of the shock, it appears to me that when the spring is compressd with an appropriate tool- the collar should be released, and the spring freed up to be removed. Can anyone comment on this, please? Thanks

Old 03-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone?

Old 03-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

kwackermann, i was looking at my rear shock today, and i dont believe it can be torn apart from the looks of it, also sorry i have not gotten the pictures up, i need a new program to do what it needs to do.

Quick Reply: Rear Shock for Mojave