Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

holeshot atr's once again!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holeshot atr's once again!!!!!!!!

sorry for another topic on the atr's, but i really need everyones honest opinion on these tires. i would really love to have a set of these but i dont really want to shuck out over $300 on a set and not like them at all.do you think the tread on these would hold up to riding in 2wd spinning and ripping around? the stockers on my p650 lasted me about 2 months. thats crazy. maybe i need to just calm my azz down on this beast but its adicting!!!another thing, can you mount them on the stock p650 rims or do you have to buy the aftermarket rims too? any info would be awesome.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how well they will hold up to lots of spinning out...but I do know they will fit on stock rims just fine. If you happen to ride on pavement often, don't bother getting Mudlites as they tend to wear down quickly on pavement. This I know from experience.

Good luck with your tire choice and happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

I've been rippin around in 2wd for about a year on ATR's. I have not had any of the problems that people talk about here. I do have the wobble on pavement only at high speeds. I think that spin balance would get rid of it. Be prepared for a lot less tire spin and tons of grip. IMO these tires were made for the Prairie.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

You will not be sorry!

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/

They list weight and have a Fedex shipping calculator.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

I also did two months with my stock tires. They are very bad. It makes a year an a half I have my ATR's and they are still in a good shape even after a lots of spinning. You won't believe the handling differents with ATRs vs the stock tires!

Old 03-12-2004, 04:05 AM
Range Rover

not to be a smart azz, but i knew they would fit on the stock rims but my concern was as to if they would hold air ok since they are a radial tire. sorry for the mix up. another thing, are they light enough that you can still wheelie w/ the prairie in stock form? i currently have a set of 26" gators and they arent too bad of a tire but the way they are designed (imo) the tread flexes too much to do wheelies. i can do them but it takes ALOT more effort, and only on pavement. thats the ONLY thing i like about the stock tires are they are so light and w/ them on you can wheelie all friggin day. plus i only weigh about 150lbs.

Old 03-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

I put bead sealer on mine. One of my rear tires loses air slowly. When I was mounting the tire I accidently tore the rubber on the bead with the tire machine. I beleive this is causing the air loss. These tires are pretty light compared to others. I would say that because of the greatly increased traction you'll be standing on end when you do wheelies until you get used to it. I'm like you I was looking for a tire that would allow my to rip around in 2wd utilizing the sportiness of this quad.I believe the sport quality's of this quad is what seperates it from the rest of the 4x4 utility class. The ATR's make it an even better sport/utility quad. I had 589's on it at one time and did not like them at all for sport riding. Although they were great in the mud I did end up shattered a front cv joint with them. I have had no such problems with the ATR's. The ATR's are not great in the mud but a lot better than stock. I have not seen these tires discounted anywhere. The price is always the same. I wish they were cheaper but they are still worth the money.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Range Rover

I've said this ad-nauseum but here goes... The ATRs basically transformed my P360 into a a dream machine. The ride and handling are superb and I haven't experienced any of the problems some have complained about. Mounted on the C-series wheels my P360 looks great too!. Check out my pics.