Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Is the V-force pretty waterproof?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the V-force pretty waterproof?

I was just thinkin about quite a few watercrossings we go through and was wondering if the belt cover lets any water in or if it keeps everything fairly dry. A few streams are seat-high to a Raptor and Sportsman, if that helps. Were is the snorkel at, and is there any way to make it higher? Thanks....Last thing I wanna do is get a new V and have it stop and start squealing in water around all the Yammy and Suzie owners[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

The Kawi CVT's are as water resistant as any stock quad... if you are riding with guy's that have snorkled thier quads, it is easy enough to do, but it is a tall quad, & snorkled pretty much, as well as the Prairies are...

Old 03-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer

When i ride through water that deep i take it slow like any other atv i ride. to me racing trough high water is not impressive. [i'll smoke em later!!]

Old 03-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

I had the rear end and up to the mid part of the quad sunk in water. I was turning around and was spinning in the sand until it sunk deeper and deeper, eventually up to the rear fenders. No water problem what so ever. The belt will slip if you race through water at a brisk pace, it will travel through CVT intake. I have done that 2 times, both times hammering it off dry land into 2 feet of water, if that happens jsut back off the throttle and baby it out, the belt will not continue to slip, only if high rpms are applied.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Range Rover

The lowest problem point for stream crossings is the intake for the CVT. If I'm looking at it right, it's a bit lower than the seat, but the intake has a bend that's higher than the opening, so if you go slow you should be able to ride in water as deep as any other quad.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, that sounds plenty good!!......Thank you!!

Old 03-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

We do alot of river riding , and this will be my wifes first trip with the V. She likes to hit the water pretty fast sometimes, wich isnt a problem on my 650, but with the v it might. My question is . Have any of you guys ever snorkled the cvt. Would it hurt anything if i did. Thinking about routing it next to the airbox .I was thinking about maybe useing black flextube. What do you guys think?

Old 03-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

I raced a mud slalom course on my V-Force, and won the 2 wheel drive big bore class at a nearby ATV racing competition. We raced in 12" deep watery soupy mud, and I kept the throttle pinned pretty much the whole time. The V could not have gone faster through that slop if I had tried, and even though I got mud inside the airbox intake snorkel, I had no problems injesting water into the motor because of the baffle inside the airbox. And I had no problems at all with the CVT transmission.

Of course it did take $10 at a car wash to get my V-Force clean again, and I have continued to wash mud out of unexpected places for two car washes after that as well. All of the money I won in that race went to cleaning my ATV, LOL.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

I ran a V-Force in the Appalachian Mtns. of SW WVa, and S. Ohio last season. It was one of the wettest seasons on record. The bike worked perfectly. Very water resistant!
Cool avatar Newbeatle!

Old 03-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

TRX... thanks, but mines pretty cude compared to your "cooler" moving one...

Quick Reply: Is the V-force pretty waterproof?