Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Fired up the 750 today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fired up the 750 today!!!

WILD... good to see yours is up & running... I personally can't believe how strong mine is running right now... I can't wait to get the tax man paid off, & get an ignition with a higher rev limit ( I can currently run right up to 8450 rpm ... haven't hit the hard wall yet, but am really close )... I have the Dalton clutch cover & V Force CVT belt cover to install yet, after I finish up the details on the custom radiator cowling & duct work... WILD... which primary springs are you playing with ??? I currently have a V Force, EPI pink, & Polaris yellow to expiriment with ( along with different shim combinations )... I'm supposed to have a new "toy" to test out, here in the next few weeks, as soon as I find out how they want me to handle my test results, I may post on that real soon...

Old 04-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wildwill,
I really like the pics of your Prairie...all of your mods looks very sharp and profesionally done. While checking out the pics of your airbox mods, I noticed that you trimmed the top of the rubber venturi stacks on the opposite side from the DAJs...I've never seen that done before and I was wondering if you could please tell me what effect that will have on the air intake and performance of the carbs.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

PW,
The grab bar is right from RPM, they make one for the Prairies finally!

deerchooper,
No difference between the 03 and 04, the 02 had a flat top filter which you couldn't add air too except threw the top which caused turbulance.
The hose is from Home Depot, they sell it for inhouse vacuum systems. The PVC is from the same. I cut a end off a 45* with a lip to catch the inside of the box, pushed it threw a 2in. hole and glued another 45* on to that. Make sure your angle is right caused when that glue sets it sets! I put bead of silicone around the outside for extra protection. The box will break before that pipe will come off!
I spent about 40 hrs. of time, 2 airboxes and 3 sets of snorkels till I was finished! The wall is removed if you look close. There are 6 1/2 holes on each side as well. The box is filled were the dial a jets sit to angle them closer to the slide in the carb. The closer you get them to the slide the better.

Shotgun,
Haven't got it all back together yet. I have been riding it with no plastic and no footboards(getting powdercoated) Today I syncronized the carbs and figured out I need to drop a main jet size. I can reach 62mph in my little drag strip next to my development that I live in. Before I used to hit about 55mph. That is all I can produce for know until I get it all back togethjer and jetted right. This friday I will be doing that if the weather holds up. As far as Alltoys clutch it will sit until I get back from a trip to NY the end of this month. I will have some good info when I take it to the strip in May!

NB,
I am using a set of 04 clutches with the Dalton face plate, DPK weights(no weights added) and blue spring for trail riding. I still am trying to decide on what to do with that modded clutch?

MickeyBoyesq,
The stacks are from a 02 airbox, they face straight up compared to the 03 and 04 ones which bend to one side and are smaller. The 04 box is tight inside the filter!!!!! If anyone has attempted to install and set of dial a jets will back me up. I had to cut them to allow them to fit in the filter and holder without being squished and out of round. If you look you we see some brass rings that I feather on one side then polished and pushed down inside. They spread out the stack as well as support the stack when strapping on the dial a jet. I swirled the stacks with a 1 1/2in. 80grit flapper wheel until they where equal size to the carb. I twisted in a circle and pulled it throw the stack to cause a tornado like swirl straight to the carb. I had a little help from a friend up north[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]!

I don't know if they will affect anything being cut but, my thought was to keep them open and as round as possible. Maybe Alltoys can give some thoughts I know he has done some experimenting with the stacks as well?

It runs better now so I don't know? I wish I knew more about how motors tick!!!!

Old 04-07-2004, 04:29 AM
Pro Rider

All this talk about it being late.......PLEASE!!!!!......NOW it's late (3:27AM)......what the hell am I still doing up?? Anyone out there.......anyone? Well I can back wildwill, I finally had the pleasure of hearing and seeing his beast run today...that thing is NASTY!!! (in a good way that is) The work he's done to that machine is incredible. Now I have to go to sleep.....good night.

Old 04-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider

Will;

That's a nice looking job....lots hard work. I guess I won't show any pic's of my d-a-j's..lol

Nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]