Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help a dream come true

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a dream come true

better question...sure all you "old guys" out there think she is hot but...age difference...how old is she? opps my bad not a question you ask lol

edit:
nevermind it says on the site...22...only 4 years older then me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Brooke was going to be the trophy girl last year but that is when her family found out about Carla's cancer. Hopefully this year the situation will be better and she will be our trophy girl. This more then voting for her because Brooke "is a knock out" it's about help a mother who most possibly never have the opportunity to see her daughters get married or enjoy her grandchildren experience some extremely special with one of her daughters. Consider it kind of the ATV worlds "Make a Wish Foundation" and this is a wish we can help make come true for Carla. If you don't feel it's for a good cause then you don't have to vote but so far the response have been over 99.9999% in support from the ATV Community in favor of making a dream come true for Carla. All we ask is that you put yourself in this families place and do what your heart tells you too. Unfortunately not every victim of every decease gets to experience a once in a life time dream but I'm going to do my damest to see that Carla at least has that opportunity. Thanks again for everyone's support.

Old 04-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I voted for her. I hope the dream comes true.

Old 04-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

every one make a hotmail account or 2 or 3 you can vote allot of time i did 4 votes all together if every one did thid it would be better

Old 04-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

It will be on TV tonight on NBC I believe at 9PM Eastern & 8PM Central. Good Luck Brooke & Carla. Thanks everyone for your help.

Old 04-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

So this is democracy? Not only is it proposed to employ a special interest group to unfairly stack a voting box for one particular candidate above the others for a reason that has nothing to do with the criteria voted on, but one member proudly announces that he has found a way to circumvent the referendum process to permit multiple votes per voter! And no one thinks this is wrong!
What happened to honesty?
What happened to fair play?
Is this what your founding fathers envisioned when they proposed a democratic country? A free and equal vote, except when you think it's right to violate that ethic in order to get things your way?

I DO wish Miss Iowa luck in tonights competition.
As much luck as the other competitors.
And my thoughts and sympathy to her mother.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with Glen. How do we know her mother even has cancer? It makes me NOT want to vote for her because they'd use her mothers sickness to get votes. Why don't they use this opportunity to ask people to participate in a Walk for Life? How about to contribute to cancer research? My father died from cancer. My grandmother had breast cancer and my mother has breast cancer. My cousin has cancer tumors twisted around his spine. If people want to do something good for people with cancer Why don't you participate in a Walk for Life or something? The only thing this does is help someone that isn't even sick. (the daughter) The whole thing seems shady to me. How could anyone in her family be proud that she won a contest because her mother has a disease and not because she deserved to win?

Old 04-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

How do you know that we don't participate in the Walk for life. I know my family does.

We know she has Cancer because Mr. Fleege says she has. I don't think people gets on here and makes light of other people misfortunes, especially Cancer.

Obviously your not a parent, or you would understand what it means to have your kid do well.

I'll be thinking of your family as well as Mrs. Hansen.

If the 25 or so votes she got here makes a difference I'll be suprised, if she wins, she will deserve it.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Glenlivet
So this is democracy? Not only is it proposed to employ a special interest group to unfairly stack a voting box for one particular candidate above the others for a reason that has nothing to do with the criteria voted on, but one member proudly announces that he has found a way to circumvent the referendum process to permit multiple votes per voter! And no one thinks this is wrong!What happened to honesty?What happened to fair play?Is this what your founding fathers envisioned when they proposed a democratic country? A free and equal vote, except when you think it's right to violate that ethic in order to get things your way?[quote]

LOL! Lighten up! Best wishes too the Hansen family.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There are not people on here asking that we contribute to cancer research or participate in a walk for life. They are asking that we vote for someone because their relative has an illness. This is wrong!

I would not want my children to win something because someone feels sorry for me. -- This reminds me of crazy sports parents or crazy beauty contest parents that will do anything to let their children win. How about the parents that pretend that their children are sick to receive free money? It is not right to benefit from someones misfortunes.

I'm sure that half the girls have hard luck stories that they can tell.

If she wins, I hope it is because she deserves it and not because people feel sorry for her mommy.

Hey, I'm going to start entering contest so that I can win because half my family is dying from cancer. Does Alba still hold their contest? Maybe I can get an atv? Maybe I'll enter an atv race and people like Tim Farr, Bill Balance and Matt Smiley will just let me pass. I deserve it! Let me win. Give me a break!

Quick Reply: Help a dream come true