Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2 different Kehin/Dynojet Equivalency Charts. Which is correct?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 different Kehin/Dynojet Equivalency Charts. Which is correct?

There are at least 2 charts available. One of which is from brichey831 that can be viewed here. Text The other is from Nyrocs old site which is available on atv power here. Text Which is correct? There is quite a difference.

Old 04-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

They both aren't exactly correct. The one I have uses just the orifice ID. It is less correct.

The reason that you can't really compare them is that the jet taper is different between the two. That causes them to flow differently between high and low flow rates.

Old 04-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Talk about making a guy feel stupid! Thanks Nyroc! Just had one of what my son calls a senior moment when things don't make sense. Forgot about the tapers.

BTW Have you made it to NC yet and are you as pleased with it as I was? Hope you're doing well.

Old 04-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I am in NC. I have a place with a garage (most important room of the house).

I put my 650 in the 25' van along with the 4x7 trailer. I used the winch to slide the 650 up the ramp. I made rollers to fit under the 650. I was able to push it up the ramp, but when my feet got onto the ramp, my shoes didn't have enough traction and I couldn't keep pushing. The trailer was harder to get in the van. It is 4x7, and weights 250 lb, but it was too awkward to do without help.

I just started work. I have no phone at work.

Because I have no phone at work, I can't correspond with time warner during the day to get interent. That is why my website is down and the techtips are still running on port 81.

I towed my 650 around town using my ford focus. It tows OK, but I wouldn't want to make a habit of towing since the focus is a 5 speed. Engine has enough power, but the clutch doesn't feel great doing it. I won't buy a truck until I get long term employment. This job pays quite good, but it ends after one year.

It will be a while before I go riding. I haven't met anyone that rides. Forum members have offered to ride with me. I am gonna take them up on their offers after I get settled in.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

I do thank you for your response Nyroc and , believe it or not, I understand your situation. I'm presently 700+ miles away and wish I was closer as I love it where you are, give or take 50 miles or so. I'm dissapointed that noone from this community, (meaning the web) has been there to help you out after as much help as you have offered us. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I'm always looking for an excuse to go south again.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

For some reason I just can't see the Dynojets flowing as much fuel at WOT as Keihin jets. Seems the way D.J. wants you to jet you end up with a smaller mains and slimmer needles ??????