Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Removed everthing from EBC, how do I stop the blinking!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed everthing from EBC, how do I stop the blinking!

I removed everthing from my EBC execept the wire harness to it and also the belt detection switch. It still blinks 2wd & 4wd on my dash? Can I take out the fuse to solve this? I will blow the fuse and put back in to keep dirt out if possible.

Anyone? Thanks

Old 04-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

wildwill
i would try this first it worked for me on my cars. get a piece of black tape and put over the light. LOL . your belt detection switch, wire those to together. the switch is a normaly closed contact till the belt trips the switch and then you have a open circuit. as far as the ebc i dont know. you would have to find the wright combination of wires to fix that one.

i didnt give you everything you asked for but its a start.

napa #7335
145f/147.5r jets
epi black
700p drive spring
warn 2000
plow
dyna cdi soon ( i hope) ups man do you hear me.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

When you figure it out Will, let me know! I tried crossing wires and jumping them here and there and POOF,,, I fried the $300.00 plus control modual!

Old 04-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

yep... I'm in the same boat... I'll be installing the Dalton cover & the new V Force CVT belt cover, next week... this is the only thing that I expect as a problem... I'd be interested if anyone had an answer...

P.W. what happens if you just remove the KBEC computer ??? ( I already fried mine once, while doing some welding on the quad )... I'd just as soon not fry a brand new one... does anyone know what else it does ???

I'd expect that we may need to find the resistance that the actuator puts on the circuit, the add a resistor to a jumper wire, if there is not an easier fix... WILD... it does still go into 4 X 4 mode, correct ??? it just flashes between 2 & 4 wd... guess I'll need to become intimate with the wiring schematic again...LOL

Old 04-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure newbeatle, as you know mine is in Mickey's hand and the guys with the ones we are racing have told me not to worry about it, they don't want me burning up anything I guess! LOL!!! I just removed the ebc shaft and left the stock covers on.
I still have the new V force cover sitting here waiting to put it on in July! That gives you guys plenty of time to figure out how to do it and let me know! LOL!!!!

Old 04-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

The controller only handles the EBC and 2wd/4wd. It senses the speed to operate them correctly. If you remove or open the fuse, the EBC and 4wd will not work. If this is acceptable, you can just remove the controller. If you want to use the 2wd/4wd and have eliminated the EBC, you may be able to disable the display flash by cutting, or removing the wire going from the controller to the display. I think it is the green wire with a white stripe. If you do this, you will also disable the error flash if the 4wd servo fails. To imitate the servo's feedback, you might be able to use two resistors to represent the servo's feedback potentiometer, and tap the center out as the wiper. You would have to select the resistors to give it an acceptable voltage. Good luck.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

663... thank you, this is exactly the type of info we were looking for...

Old 04-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

If you have a service manual, check the display test section to verify the wire color that does the flash signal before you cut anything. I haven't tested this, but it should work. I have ran a Prairie 700 without a controller for testing, and nothing flashed during the tests or after it was replaced. Make sure the ignition is off if you pull it out.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

I don't mind the 2wd 4wd flashing but it would be nice for it not to do this, it prevents you from looking at the dash to see if you are in 2wd or 4wd!

Old 04-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info, but I think I will just leave it alone! It can flash instead of me frying it and spend more money that I don't have too! Electricity is not a strong point of mine! I thought it might be an easy fix?

NWB,
It still does go in 4WD, know that I have a twist throttle and toggled the switch I just have to remember up is 4WD. I sent you a PM lastnight, I had a question for you?

I have noticed also that my clutch sheave isn't wearing as fast as it did with the EBC on it, has anyone else seen that?

Quick Reply: Removed everthing from EBC, how do I stop the blinking!