Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Sucks

Hate to say it but I'm totaly fed up with there half *** parts.. Went for a ride today and no 4wd.. got home & was thinking "it cant be that damn actulator again" but sure enough it was. This is rediculous, Kawasaki needs a major recall on the worthless, POS actulator. I will now be putting my 3 4wd/2wd actulator in the last 8 months, and for the 2nd time water has creeped in & blown it up.. I dont power wash I use a simple garden hose to wash my quad, & I dont run through lakes, simple puddles & mud.. Youd think they could design a actulator that could keep water out, especially on a 4wd machine. I'd like to take Kawi CEO & shove this part right up his ace

Old 04-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Sucks

I bet with a little machine work I could make a vacuum operated system that would not be affected by water. It would not need the KEBC controller either, and I would just remove the KEBC and be left with a simpler system. On the other hand, it would shift at any speed you flipped the switch at.

I don't have access to an end mill, so I can't do that.

Uinthas, you seem to be having worse problems with yours than anyone else. Something is out of the ordinary here. I can't say, but it is either you, your mechanic, the parts guy has been sabotaging your parts, or it is just uncanny bad luck.

At any rate, if I were you I think I would get another one and water proof it myself before installing it.

You say you ride in mud? I used to ride utah, and I lived in Ogden too. My bro still lives there. I never rode my quad in mud. Just sand, gravel, rocks, sagebrush, dirt and dust.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Sucks

I dunk my 03 through a deep water crossing regularly with no problems.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Sucks

Originally posted by: nyroc

Uinthas, you seem to be having worse problems with yours than anyone else. Something is out of the ordinary here. I can't say, but it is either you, your mechanic, the parts guy has been sabotaging your parts, or it is just uncanny bad luck.

At any rate, if I were you I think I would get another one and water proof it myself before installing it.

You say you ride in mud? I used to ride utah, and I lived in Ogden too. My bro still lives there. I never rode my quad in mud. Just sand, gravel, rocks, sagebrush, dirt and dust.
I agree I have had more troubles with the ATV then most people seam to have.. It is one of the very 1st Kawi sold, I think I bought it 2 weeks after they came out, wheather that has something to do with it I dont know.

This is the ONLY part I have had to replace more then once now, everything else has gone out once & after that it's been fine, & I do my own mechanics.. I might not be the best mechanic but I can sure as heck gurantee leaking water into the actulator has nothing to do with how I installed it because I never took it's motor cover off wich is not part of the instilation. I have seen a few other post regarding multiple actulator replacements so I dont think it's just happening to me.. At $200 + a pop this is rediculous, you'd think with the location of these things Kawi would manufacture the part to be fairly waterpoof, and maybe the majority are, I dont know all I can account for is I'm now going on #3, and these damn things come with no warranty like car parts do. My next step is to find some kind of sealent to put around it & hope for better results next time. I'll also be contacting Kawi on this, but as always all ya get is "we dont give a shi$$"

Old 04-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Sucks

NYROC

if you PM me and give me the specks on that part you mentioned earlyer i could get'r done. i work at a place that has a full machine shop, and if i can't do it i have people that can. maybe we could give Uinthas the first prototype to try out.

napa #7335
145f/147.5r jets
epi black
700p drive spring
warn 2000
plow
dyna cdi (where's the ups man at)

Old 04-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Sucks

Sounds better then Kawi's part

Old 04-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Sucks

In the past 2 months on my 360 I hvae had to replce the actuator and the clutch belt. I not too impressed with mine.

Old 04-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kawasaki Sucks

get a 700[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Range Rover
Default Kawasaki Sucks

I Agree.... get a P700!! I've had mine in water up to the handle bars, I pressure wash mine at least weekly, and trot down the creek over the tires all the time, and never have a bit of troubles... not even a belt squeel ..(ok, once in awhile the belt will squeel if I'm under too long.. lol) Sounds like you got a lemon... or else, the P360 is NOT built as good as the P700!

Old 04-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Sucks

Can one of you guys send me a complete non working actuator? I am thinking we could make something from that.

The Yamaha grizzly actuator does not require external logic, like the Kawi one does. It moves when commanded and doesn't stop trying until it is done moving. We can't just leave the power on ours, but I was wondering if we put limit switches in it, if that might make it self contained and not need logic.

I am still thinking about a vacuum operated actuator.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Sucks