Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Welder/Torch???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welder/Torch???

Brent, as mentioned by Nyroc, a 110 Lincoln would be a good choice. Get one set up to allow the use of gas but you can use flux core wire just fine for awhile. An auto darkening helmet might make the learning process a little easier as well.

Old 04-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default Welder/Torch???

Save yourself a lot of time, energy, money and misery. Enroll in a welding class at a local junior collage and learn to weld and what you type and quality of equipment you need to accomplish what you want to do.

I took my first lessons in high school 45 years ago and have made a real effort to keep up with the new equipment and methods over the years. Going back to school has always been an eye opening experiance as the new equipment just keeps getting better.

I have seldom met a self taught "welder" that had a clue of what type of equipment, fill material or technique to use with the project at hand. Best case the weld will hold and everything will be fine. Worst case is when the wrong methods or materials are used and bad things happen. If you are going to be building stuff to haul people then lives are at stake.

The ART of welding, brazing and soldering is complex and involves a lot of metalurgy and skill.

JMNSHO.

Old 04-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Welder/Torch???

True, thats why god made the internet. God being the military, lol. I will see what classes there are once I move down to my new home.