Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Where to buy in Canada OR United States?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy in Canada?

Time to put some money into my V, everything but a big bore kit. The way the V is now is plenty but plenty is never enough. I want as much power as I can get before I have to goto a big bore. I won't touch NOS.

I would like to know where I can buy the following goodies in Canada.

-flywheel key, not sure what degree to get.

-cams, do they all have compression release? Are they all fool proof to install? Any particular manufacturer I should deal with? I have heard of hotcams, webcams and Mickey has some I believe. I would like to support Mickey for obvious reasons.

-air filter, not sure on which kind to get. K&N is good but I hear Twin Air is also good. I will need three outwears filters. One for my air filter and one for each air intake hose. Do I need an outwears on each air intake hose? I don't water down my tubes or any other debris.

-keihin jet kit, I have heard Keihin is better than Dyno Jet for jets so I would like a kit since I have no idea what I will be doing on jetting once I am done. I want to feed mass amounts of air with my twin air snorkles mounted under my hood.

This is what I have already: blue spring, dalton weights, face plate, dual exhaust. I believe thats it. Am I missing anything besides the big bore kit and NOS that I can get?

I'm considering milling the clutch but I don't know much about it yet. I can always get that done last. My goal is to smoke my friends Z400 this summer, I can beat him now but not by much considering there is almost a 200 lbs weight difference between him and his quad VS me and my quad.

Anyways, thanks for reading and any suggestions on where I can get these products in Canada or the states. Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Where to buy in Canada OR United States?

bump

Old 04-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

FYI, do not use Mickey's Cams without rasing compression.

Use dual snorkles on the airbox. Make sure they are both good fllowing ones. Get many bigger jets before you do this.

I think you want 5 degrees (maybe 6 is the closest). The Dyna CDI for the 650 is 33 degrees. The Vforce holds 28 all the way to redline. No need for a performance CDI if you have a degree key.

Old 04-28-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Does a jet kit contain everything I will need? I may need a new needle jet or some slow jets or new pilot jet. I don't know what I will need so I want to be prepared for a weekend of jetting.

Old 04-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

FYI

I found a place to buy jets from, a dealer can only buy from them. This is information I obtained from Helix, Dale @ Dalton Industries.

Winner Circle
905-475-2552
Markham, Ontario

Dale said to get the Keihin round jets. This is just information I would like to pass on to everyone if they are in search for a place to buy jets. I hope this doesn't conflict with ATV Connections rules. If it does please tell me and I will edit it to comply with the rules. Please do not delete this thread. Thanks.

411.ca info