Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

a question for every kawasaki owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a question for every kawasaki owner

I just wanted to know what made you decide on buying a kawasaki. I started out with a 99 220 bayou and sold it after putting over 2,000 miles on it. It ran great except for the non sealed brakes. Now i have a 4x4 prairie 360 which i love.I dont get honda people saying that honda last so much longer. yeah iknow those drum brakes last forever. Not,haha. But kawasaki is probly up in the top two in reliability. Problems here and there but that happens.Tell me why you got a kawasaki.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a sales manager for a Honda Kawasaki shop. Thats pretty much what got me into kawasaki. This was before the V force and Rincon came out , so all you had were the griz and the prairie in the market at the time, once you ride them both you know what you want.Trailride

Old 04-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

Because lime green is cool of course! And everyone knows that lime green makes them go faster! lol I have had Kawasakis all my life starting out on a late 70's minibike (75) and then a KDX80. A bunch of Tecate three wheelers came along and I've had a couple of Hondas and Polaris's thrown in, even a Suzuki for a short time, but eventually migrated back to Kawasaki. I always liked team green, they just didn't have much to pick from since the 1988 Tecate4 went away. the Mojave wasn't for me, so it is nice to finally have the KFX400 and the Vforce to pick from. (Prairie too). I am hopeful that Kawasaki will stay in the game and come out with some new stuff like a 450 racer and maybe a Vforce 4WD or a lighter Vforce. Go Green!

Old 04-29-2004, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BANDAMAN
everyone knows that lime green makes them go faster!
(kawi)Green = go
(suzuki)yellow = try and speed up but fail and run a red light
(honda) red = you aint goin ne where
(yami) blue = where the fuc* did that come from...get it out of here

I know nothing to do with the topic but...i thought it was kinda funny

Old 04-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

I researched for a long time to find the most powerful utility quad, because my wife didn't like the way sport quads look, and her money was buying it! Anyway, besides the awesome power, I really like the ride it has, and the diff lock. I am very happy with my purchase, and I am SO happy I didn't get a Rincon![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 07:33 AM
Range Rover

Reliability is hard to judge, although I owned a civic and a accord that never and i mean never let me down... i think that is where all the honda folks get their "superior" reliability trip from. They do make awesomely reliable cars and ATVs for that matter. But so do other manufactures and I would be hard pressed to name any new quad out there that is just a total piece of crap. The decision for me was sealed by my fathers purchase of a '00 Kaw ZRX-1100, riding his motorcyle has made me fall in love with the brand. The bayou i bought i got a decent deal on and I do like tinkering with it and getting muddy with even if it is a smaller displacement quad. I dont have any deisre to go near 70 on a quad just not my thing, but i understand how that is some peoples thing. The Kaw brand seems to me to be as good as anything out there if not better in many respects. When I do buy another quad little doubt that it will be a prarie of whatever displacement that i can find a good deal on. just my 2 cents....

Old 04-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Trailblazer

Kawi's are all I'll ever bought,I've alway's managed to get good service from them.I like there look's along with the ride,handling.Now that I've got the 700 I can add that I'm injoying the power thing too.lol

Old 04-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

I bought a P700 and was the best price locally first($9200 cdn.) Secondly the whole package of the power, reliability, warranty(3 years free with an option to buy 2 more years for $500 cdn.) and the trouble-free rear brakes. In our cold weather, we have melting during the day and freezing at night in the fall and early winter, those sealed rear brakes are the answer. I have 650 km on it and 28 hours of running time on the 700 and I have loved every minute of it.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

at the time it was the only V-twin on the market..I was sold...wish it had irs but the motor makes up a lot of short comings in the chassis dept..

Old 04-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Range Rover

I bought my V Force because it was the only sport quad that I fit on. (6'5" 245)
I've ridden everything else except a Raptor.
I've sat on Every kind of quad there is.

When my friends and I go out riding, and I was on my RM 125 dirt bike, I'd ask to ride their quads.

None of them seemed to ride too well.

Then, I saw the V Force at a dealership.
I sat on it and knew it was the bike I needed.

I got the Matrix Carbon Fiber model cause it's sorta rare and not everyone has it.

I love everything about it.

Muzzy Exhaust, jet kit, air box mods, and timing advance key going to happen in 2 weeks!

I can't wait.

Mike

Quick Reply: a question for every kawasaki owner