Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Pipe Showdown...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe Showdown...

Ok, I have owned my VForce for one whole week and I'm ready to mod. The fist thing I want to do is get a pipe. I'm 6ft 330lbs and need something with power up and down the power band. I'm mostly a dune rider in Oregon. I want pipes that will help me shut up all the "rappy" owners out there. I know pipes alone may not do that but pipes come in the equation somewhere and I want to start with them. Been doing some digging around I have found eight different pipe makers. I would like recommendations on what ones to get. I'm looking for power from 0 to 70+, the quitter the better, and the fit and finish must be perfect (I don't like pipes that look like Billy Bob made them with a blow torch)
The brands I found are Pro Circuit, DMC aka Alien, HMF, Muzzy, Yoshimura, Duncan Racing, CT Racing, and LT Racing. If I'm missing any let me know. I'm looking for full systems, not slip ons. And as much as my wife disagrees, money is not an object. I believe in one thing, do it right the first time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if any of you are riders in the Oregon area, PM me or Email me. Thank you again.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pipe Showdown...

I can vouch for muzzy fits easy and tight, sounds great, and hp is up 8.4 and torque up 6. check my bio i have dyno sheets posted from my V force and i paid 399. plus tax at my local dealer and it is a full system all stainless.

P.S.

took 20 minuites to put on

Old 05-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pipe Showdown...

Sounds good. I have seen a lot of Muzzy talk but wants sure if it was a full system. Thanks for the input John

Old 05-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pipe Showdown...

You might want to look at the post from Micky Dunlap on Dyno sheet post for the V-force. Micky talks about the Looney Tuned exhaust.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Pipe Showdown...

OregonV...

About 2 weeks ago I purchaced a Pro Circuit dual system and could not be happier. I have heard that the Muzzys/HMF/DMC pump out more HP. but the looks of the PC's had me sold. I also purchaced a Dalton kit and HPD plain primary spring and fabricated a 2nd snorkle. Before theese mods, my V would get eaten by Raptors and Predators. Now, piped Raptors and Predators are easily beaten in drags. Last weekend, I raced 3 different piped YFZ 450's, and the winner was the one who pulled the best holeshot. Don't let anyone tell you that PC's dont make good power, because I know Raptor, Preddy, and YFZ riders who will vouge for to theese pipes.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pipe Showdown...

Thank you vtwiner and hazmat1800. I went to LT Racing to look at the Looney’s but they didn't have any on there site. I was wondering if they are not shipping yet. The Pro Circuit's do look nice. Is the sound loud? A lot of people talk about the Muzzy's being real low sounding. I don't care one way or the other but the Oregon Dune Patrol does. Oregon is implementing a db restriction on the dunes and I would hate to get pipes that made me get a ticket. Also, does the quality of the Pro Circuits seem good? Like I said before, I don't want pipes that will fall apart or look like they will. Thanks again for the replies.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pipe Showdown...

I talked to LTE exhaust and they said there exhaust was about 1 month away.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Pipe Showdown...

I had Procircuit duals,then went to Muzzy.They are both very good pipes,the Muzzy has more on the bottom and the sound of it is awsome.I think the LTE(Looney)duals may make more power for the 800 G-Force,because of the bigger header pipes.But for a 700 less CC will make less bottom end power for it,being there will be less back pressure.The Muzzy is very will built,puts out good power,and sounds like a V8 I can'nt ask for more.I have not seen one person who has got the Muzzy Pipe with proper jetting not like it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Pipe Showdown...

Originally posted by: OregonVForce

The brands I found are Pro Circuit, DMC aka Alien, HMF, Muzzy, Yoshimura, Duncan Racing, CT Racing, and LT Racing.
HMF and DMC are out right from the start simply because they are too loud to pass the sound check at the Oregon dunes. Pro Circuit and Yoshimura don't make as much power as the rest. Have not heard anything about Duncan Racing or LT Racing. That leaves Muzzy and CT, both of which are excellent. I've got Muzzy, so you get CT, and then we can see which is best [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004, 04:08 AM
JCB
Weekend Warrior
Default Pipe Showdown...

jardine racing is making a 2 into one full system with equal length headers but not sure about them i am just looing for a setup also, will check their web site

Quick Reply: Pipe Showdown...