Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Bayou 220 carb hoses - need help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2000, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The underside of my Bayou 220 2000 carb has 2 hoses. 1 is described in the manual to drain the carb and has a screw to allow the draining or shut it off. Next to that one is a second hose. On mine this hangs down and ends near the drainage hose. It appears that it should be connected somewhere though. It dripped some fuel from it but stopped when I shut off the fuel line. After I cleaned up the fuel and made sure the line was dry I ran the ATV and all seemed okay. Does anyone know the purpose of the second hose? Am I missing a connection somewhere?
thanx for your help.

Old 07-30-2000, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

Mine will do the same thing. Sometimes if I do not turn off the fuel when it is parked in the garage it will drip out some fuel. If I turn off the fuel it does not happen. When I first purchased it used it did not do that but after about 1 year it did. It never has any problems running, only when I forget to turn the fuel line back on. I do not know why it does this but it seems to be harmless.

Old 08-10-2000, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

I can explain all this... by bad experience....

i figured out that when the humidity/weather/air pressure change a good deal, expecially right after the winter, the carb will leak tons of fuel into the airbox, which in turn leaks out some how else....i had a stinky puddle that would have filled an oil change pan... i guess that teaches me to leave it after a vacation;.. btw i Have a 94' bayou 220...the thing wont turn over when this happens... and it sounds really expensive, but after me and some of my buddies got really pissed at it, we just kept trying to start it and eventually it unflooded itself.\..

as for the hose hanging down, tahts normal.. its the same way on mine, plus theres liek 4 or 5 others that i have no stinkin idea where they go... i assume they are just drainage...ive never had problems, except for some shifter junk but other than that its running fine