Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Farr wins GNCC utility modified on my Four Stroke Tech 785 Prairie,, FD Racing wins again also!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Farr wins GNCC utility modified on my Four Stroke Tech 785 Prairie,, FD Racing wins again also!!!!

What an awsum weekend,,,, our race team went to the second harescramble of the season and won again taking 1st and 2nd in the utility class on the Prairies and atvgurl on here took first on her 300EX in the ladies class! This race went off with no problems and I was soooo happy at the end just knowing I had no major repairs to make this week! We had a 13 minute lead on a 7.5 mile track that was packed full of very tight woods trails!
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better I got a call from Mickey Dunlap telling me that Tommy Farr had rode my FST 785 Prairie to first place in the GNCC race by 16 minutes over second place. I just about did a backflip I was soo happy! Hey, if any of you were at the Raush Creek GNCC race and have pictures of my Prairie and Tommy please send me some,,, I'd love to see it in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Farr wins GNCC utility modified on my Four Stroke Tech 785 Prairie,, FD Racing wins again also!!!!

congratulations on your win's

Old 05-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on your success. When/if you get some pics, post them so we can all enjoy. Us folks up here in Canada don't get to many GNCC races, (not even sure if they race in Canada). Any videos would be nice to see as well.

Old 05-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen a ton of pictures, just none of the utility class's! LOL!!! Guess they don't count![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer

congrats jim...i was down at brooks this weekend too..i saw u, didnt know if u recognized me...very tough track...didnt like it too much...my day was full of problems too, but i shouldnt be makin' too many excuses cuz i wasnt prepared physically or mentally...period...but i hope to go up to humboldt sometime soon...

Old 05-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

CONGRATULATIONS! I know they are well deserved.
klif

Old 05-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Prairiewrench~ Did you get the PM and Link I sent you? Great Photo of The Fight for the First Turn! ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
TRX 2-something-R
and a BUNCH of other Toyz!

Old 05-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Congrats to Mr. Dunlap, Mr. Farr and of course JD, aka Prairiewrench! That is an awesome victory for you all to be proud of.

Jim, we (ATVgurl and I) just got done watching the video of the race in Brooks! The start was by far the best part of the tape, but the whole thing was good to see. You will get to see a little more of what the track was like when you watch it. A couple of more courses like that and I am going to look like that guy who rides 515. What's his name again, Alex? He was too far ahead for me to ask him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] At least we know it isn't because his quad is faster! Everyone should know that because of Prairiewrench, a 650 can give a 700 a run for the money in a short drag! Thanks for taking the 650 to new heights!

As for me, the race was a great time! I thought the course was very well laid out. It had places that would test about anybody a little bit. I proved that you didn't want to lose concentration for any period of time! I am not sure which injury hurts worse, the bruise from the handlebars or the one from falling off my ramps after the race. Doesn't really matter, both are embarrassing! That's racing I guess.

Thanks again for everything Jim! Also, how long before you switch over to working on 300EX's exclusively?

Jason

Old 05-18-2004, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I'm considering chnging my name to 300EXwrench, I have already ordered the Honda shirts so I can look respectable as your wife keeps winning her races! LOL!!!!

Old 05-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

OUCH! You really know how to bring a guy down a notch. Oh well, she deserves the respect. A couple of more races into the season she would have probably beat me! It must be the trainer she has been working with.

Quick Reply: Farr wins GNCC utility modified on my Four Stroke Tech 785 Prairie,, FD Racing wins again also!!!!