Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Newbie, with bent axle

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, with bent axle

CowtipperI just noticed you are in canada. When i did a search for "bent" and read some of the back posts, as far as i can recall , all of them have bent on the left side. Well maybe all us Kawi riders ride and crash the same way.

Hmmmm makes ya wonder. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

cowtipper I would be careful ordering from the US; the duty and brokage fees are steep. Don't let them send it UPS.... If you do you will pay alot more than here.

Old 05-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

How would we get around this shipping to canada problem ? Would there be the same fee's if i sent the axle from my house in the states to you in canada ? I really dont know how it works.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Kawi650
Your right about UPS, my most recent experience was my Twin Air. I couldn't find it in stock here so I ordered direct from the manufacturer. When all was said and done with UPS I could have bought two filters. I have ordered different things in the past with varying results.
The best way was when I trailered the sport bike south for an early spring run and had some helmets delivered to the Motel where we were booked. The shipping was dirt cheap and they were there waiting when we arrived.
If a person has the time you can search for the proper and best HS code to apply to the item, this is what is used to determine the amount of duty. which should be none if it's made in the US.
The biggest problem is the brokerage fee that the shipping company charges to bring it in on your behalf.
Then there's the tax. which you have to reimburse the shipping company for because they paid it on your behalf at customs.
I don't know exactly how it all works but for sure UPS does you no favours.
We had an RV fridge brought in from California and my wife researched the HS code and had the store where we purchased it mark that on the package. It came by Yellow freight and they were great. The unit arrived at there location in Ottawa, they called us and said we needed to do the paper work with customs (rather than them doing it on your behalf, No brokerage fee then). We did that, they dropped the fridge at our place, all were happy.

Trailride
You have most likely heard the old saying "Great minds (Kawi buyers) think alike". They probably drive alike to.
And for the shipping problems, there are ways.

Old 05-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bent the right side of my axle, for what its worth. But mine was a severe impact, even bent the frame.