Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 700 realization

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700 realization

I have been riding my KFX through tight woods, on small MX tracks and drag racing since I bought it last summer.

I have always argued that (in stock for) the KFX is not well suited for drag racing.
Also on the MX track (though it jumps well) in stock form the KFX does not perform as well as many other quads (ie: most 400s, Predator, now the 450s) on the track

BUT...I have always stood my ground on the superior ability of the KFX on the trails. Though this weekend I feel might have reached a realization about the KFX.
I rode w/ some fellows practicing for GNCC this weekend on the Daniel Boone Forest trials (400EX and TRX450).
I had my hands soooooo full trying to keep up with these guys on stock bikes. I will be the first to admit that the #1 most important reason I had trouble is lack of skills matching those I rode W/, BUT ...
I toke a spin on the TRX 450, and I must say....it was on of the most well balanced and responsive machines I have sat my butt on. Despite the ground clearance and wonderful brake system...I felt the size, and handling of the KFX really held me up. Really made me want a 450...

Sorry for the long post. Any thoughts??

Old 05-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

You know it might just be me and since the V is the first sport quad I have ever owned, but the 450 I rode felt like a 3/4 size quad nice power handling etc but it was just too small feeling for my taste. So not a knock against the 450s they are wicked fast and good race bikes but just feel too small for this old man. Plus I get tired of having to worry about shifting so I love my V plus it is better looking and the right color.

Old 05-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

Xtremest...

Hey man, different strokes for different folks. The newer 450's are way easier to flog around a tight corner with the lighter weight compared to the V. If I was into GNCC racing, I feel the big bad V would me one of my last choices. BUT.....For what I use the V for "drag racing, trail riding ect.", I would not choose anything else. Lifes too short to spend your riding time on a quad not suited to the ridiing style of the rider. Good luck!

Old 05-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

I have to agree with DirtVH, the 450r and yfz450 are wicked fast but they just don't fit us bigger guy's well. It felt like I was riding a tricycle when I rode them both. I'll love riding my V-Force. Like you said, different strokes for different folks.

Old 05-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

The thing everybody who doesn't have a v doesn't realize is that we can put a hitch on...put around the yard two miles an hour...and back up without getting off. I know passengers are a no no but I enjoy riding my kids around the yard and on our property. The v seat is HUGE and works awsome! I can put around on my V like it's a utility quad...even though it has those bad a$$ duals...and then smoke most four strokes I run up against. If you want a pure speed, jumping, dragging quad go with a yfz or the new fourtrax. Other than a prarie I don't think your going to find anything close to the v for versatility! And yes I know you can put around on a yfz but it's a lot nicer not having to use a clutch when putting around! Heck I have a rack for mine which hauled my buck out last hunting season!