Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

John Deere ATV Yes/No

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John Deere ATV Yes/No

LMFAO

Old 06-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

I guess its a pain in the **** staying in the saddle on the down-hill too.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

I looked at the John Deere ATV's this last Friday. I didn't like them one bit. I have a question for someone that has seen them also...where is the 4x4 button or switch, or is it all time 4x4? I looked for a while and never saw one. I can't say how it rides, but just some parts of it made it look poorly built. Good luck man.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

thet are "on-demand"..an easy way of saying all the time

Old 06-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

In which that would be another strike against it?...

Old 06-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
I doubt the power is there either.
Actually they do have some really good power...the only reason why we got on in the first place is because we needed a ute for the farm and the other company in town was artic cat and they didnt have the 650 yet.

We were able to pull a hay wagon (full of course) up a 3 or 4* incline...tires were spinning of course but it pulled it alright...the step through design did come in handy when the back rack was filled with hay for the horses...going down hill wasnt that bad either...just dont stop quick!! your knees will get banged up if you do

Old 06-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

I've ridden the Bombardier Quest 650 4x4 and was not impressed at all. The power is there, but it won't win any races or make anyone's eyes water. A 650 Prairie would absolutely smoke it. The weight is rediculous as is the "on-demand" 4x4 system which is actually just full-time. Try to slide this big boy sometime, doesn't work. Although the seat isn't as bad as many would think, I still do not like it as it's hard to shift your weight on and I found it hard to stay planted on steep downhills. The reliability has been poor as well. I don't like the fan in the rear end of it either, probably very vulnerable to unfriendly sticks, rocks, etc. You are half right about the Kawasaki/Suzuki alliance deathreaper. Kawasaki has always made their own V-Twins and Suzuki decided to sell the rebadged Prairie as the Twinpeaks. This is very old news so I don't need to "look it up" anywhere. Suzuki did let Kawasaki sell their own version of the Z400, but that's got nothing to do with their V-Twins.

Old 06-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

I have had zero trouble with my Traxter. It has been completly under water and I have just plain abused it. It is no rocket ship but it is a great work quad that is decent for casual trail riding.

Old 06-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

They arent really john deere, they are just rebaged bombs.( not that theres anything wong with that), they arent made in the usa, and they wont have john deere engineering behind them. They were designed and made in canada, by bombardier. They were made so bomb could reach more people, by adding to their dealer base. Up north, we have lots of bomb dealers, but down south there are lots of deere dealers, so its just a marketing exercise, bomb is hoping people fall for the deere name being equated to quality, and buy them.

Old 06-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

lol..thatll never happen..JD isnt exactly known for its craftsmenship..my grandparents owned a terribly expensive 3 cylider lawn tractor with pto and all..piece of junk was nothing but problems..if it ran at all...and for what they paid you coulda baught a full size tractor with attachments at auction...

Quick Reply: John Deere ATV Yes/No