Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

John Deere ATV Yes/No

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 01:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John Deere ATV Yes/No

i am new to the purchase of atvs but love to ride them the only problem is thier is so many to choose from. now on to what we are here for the john deere atv is awsome looking and seems to me just by looking at it that it will do any job at hand with ease although i know one can,t tell what an atv can do or can't do just by standing next to it but you have to see it to believe it. one other thing is that john deere admitted to useing the lay out of the bombardier atv line according to an atv mag. but i guess it is not to bad being that kawasaki did the same for their prarie models from suzuki v twin these are only the facts check it for yourself. but any how the one that my eye is on is the JD trail buck ex 4x4 2500 warn winch irs auto extra storage step through console all with the JD logo and we know that JD has an awsome rep for its work yes they are new to the atv line but we will see if the name will carry it through. my purpose isto use this machine in the worst way possible the test of the test like i said we will see and hopefully i can post some pictures so you to can see. i was leaning to the kawasaki 360 but JD ex is 650cc for about 1500 dollars more. i hope this is a good choice for my first atvthe test will tell. please give me some suggestions if you have a JD atv if not did i over look a better potential out there? let me know if not i will let you know about my testings. ride wild!!

Old 06-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

Now wait a second. Unless I just understood you wrong, you said Kawasaki borrowed Suzuki's V-Twin engines. You've got that backwards my friend if that's indeed what you meant. I don't really like the Bombardier machines, so I wouldn't want a John Deere until they come out with their own, but that's just me. Personally, a 700 or 650 Prairie is a MUCH better choice.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

from what it seems to me red, kaw is suzuki they are one in the same kaw buys suzuki and sells them read up one the atv illus. it will tell you what the real deal is.by the way what is wrong with bombardier that you dont like them? then again i might be in the wrong with how they do it but they look identical to me but with JD and bombardier there is no question who copied who.

Old 06-06-2004, 04:15 AM
Range Rover

ok im lost

Old 06-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Range Rover

Reaper, man, you're messed up. Kawi makes the V-twin, Suzuki sells it as the Twin Peaks, As to the JD, there is no question of copying or not, the quads are manufactured by Bombi, and re-badged as JD's. Ever see a Traxter, they came out about 6-7 years ago, theres your "new" JD quad.

Old 06-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Yea m8..kawi made the 650 and gave it to Zuki,Zuki made the z400 and gave it to Kawi..and Bombardier makes the JD's..there is an alliance between Zuki and Kawi to make it cheaper for both Corps to expand there product lines..and my 2 cents worth..the big Kawi is a whole lotta bike for a noobie rider...

Old 06-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: deathreaper
by the way what is wrong with bombardier that you dont like them?
I dont like them because I have had first hand experince with them...the traxter is heavy, bulky, too wide, I've broken parts that shouldnt have been for the way I was riding....the electical system is all messed up....the speedo dont work...gas gauge is broken (not a big deal but pisses me off) since the speedo dont work the odo. dont work either (not saying that is a bad thing though...makes it seem like less miles on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) So I have first hand experince with the traxter...and I dun like em

Old 06-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am a huge John Deere man.....been farming with them all my life, and my dad too, and his dad too......and I don't recommend them at all!!! They are big and bulky, and thier ride seems horrible. They look uncomfortable and I doubt the power is there either. They have some interesting ideas about them, but not worth it. I would personally recommend something like a Polaris Sportsman 500ho.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

I agree with BR18. We also have used JD equipment on the farm for many years. Going back into the 1930's actually. Most of it has given outstanding service but there have been exceptions. Like the early Model 70 diesel tractors. What a lemon that thing was till they changed the head design. Just because it has the green paint and JD brand does not make it bullet proof. Look at some of the lawn equipment they have sold under the JD brand. Some, maybe all, of it is made by other companies and it ranges from very good to real junk. They also have a line of powered kids toys that have given them a lot of trouble. These were made in Canada.

I know nothing about the JD ATVs but have never, ever heard anyone brag about their Bomber ATV.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

and did i mention that step-thru design is about as lame as it gets..kinda like how girls bicycles look..maybe its a girls quad..designed so they can ride side saddle with a skirt-on...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]=

Quick Reply: John Deere ATV Yes/No