Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Race tally for my V

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race tally for my V

I haven't mentioned this yet but I'm obsessed with racing other riders. I'll line up next to anyone or anything at any time. I don't mind losing as long as I know I tried my best.

Anyway this is what happened tonight.

Ok, so I am riding again on Sunday like I do most of the time and 3 guys come up to me and ask ME to race. Two are on completely stock YFZ450s one guy is on a Stock 400ex.

They choose an uphill sand drag about 200 yards long (that's about as long as it can be uphill where I ride)

We race about 10 times to weed out any luck. On average I lost by one bike length to the Zs (one guy was a better rider than the other), sometimes less, sometimes more. I won against the 400ex every time by about a bike length.

Ok here's the thing, these guys were small, maybe 120lbs lighter than me, I'm about 270, on bikes that were about 120lbs lighter than my bike, and they had manuals, and I only lost by one bike length......not bad....but a win is a win..... I don't nit pick, they won!

Another thing I would like to point out, I would say on average it was harder to stay with the 450s than it was to stay with the VERY modded 660r and the modded Shee that I raced last week.

So as for a tally. I don't count one time races, we race at least 5 times to weed out luck.

Stock YFZ450r 2 losses, sand drag, one bike length.

Stock YF426r dirt bike, I lost, two bike lengths, long dirt drag, 3/4 mile.

VERY modded Raptor, maybe 10 grand into the bike. This was a sweet ride. I lost, maybe one bike length, sand drag.

Modded Shee, pipe, reed, boost bottle, well mantained, experienced rider, I lost by a bike length, sand drag.

MX style race with at least one serious jump VS the VERY Modded Raptor and Modded Shee, no clear winner, almost completely neck and neck. I caught as much air as either of them, I'd say even more than the shee.

400ex, not problem winning, sand drag.
300ex, win with little effeort, sand drag.
Yammi blaster, win at half throttle, sand drag.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

You guys don't race huh? That's ok, not everyone has the fever. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love to drag, i am one of those bast$rds thats sits and waits to drag race people. i have a kfx-400 and its $ucking fast. So far i have never lost to a 400cc like mine, my budddy has a v-force and we drag all the time. Lately though i have been taking him by a quad leanth easly. We race on a flat drag that is dirt not sand. Also i was woopen these trx-450rs last week, one had a lrd kit on it and others were stock. There were actaully four of them, and they all bit the dust. I think my buddies v-force was neck and neck with them. He is running a yoshi, k$n and stall kit, with a 150jet in front and a 146 jet in back. Should they be switched? What are you running?

Old 06-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

MURDR..

The rear should always have the larger jet. I would try switching them..

MetalAlien..

Yeah, I got bit by the drag racing bug too. I haul my bike about 50 miles every weekend to a place where people drag race. I have to get my drag racing fix or else I start jonesing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

METAL... I race every type of venue I can find... why else would I have done what I did to my motor ??? nothing relieves stress, better than high speeds... whoo ya !!!!

check out my pics, I don't currently have any hill climb, or ice racing, pics but have most other venues covered on there...

Old 06-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

I knew some of you guys like to race. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My V is stock for now, but I just bought some Aliens and I am trying to decide what size jets to use. I also have a high flow K&N air filter but now one of my buddies is saying that DMC doesn't want you to modify the air filter....why?

HEY I found a set of jets really cheap, they are 140 and 145 would that be a good jet size for Aliens at about 2000ft elevation?

Old 06-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

I have aliens and a K&N my jets are 145 148 ...Runs great....Best mod for the buck is a dalton clutch kit with blue or plain HPD spring...

As far as racing goes Thats all I do lately..But I am one of thoes who tends to do it in the woods for long periods of time..GNCC baby nothin like it..

I will be travelin 12 hours to VA to race this weekend...

Love the guns Metalalien

Old 06-10-2004, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MURDR
I love to drag, i am one of those bast$rds thats sits and waits to drag race people. i have a kfx-400 and its $ucking fast. So far i have never lost to a 400cc like mine, my budddy has a v-force and we drag all the time. Lately though i have been taking him by a quad leanth easly. We race on a flat drag that is dirt not sand. Also i was woopen these trx-450rs last week, one had a lrd kit on it and others were stock. There were actaully four of them, and they all bit the dust. I think my buddies v-force was neck and neck with them. He is running a yoshi, k$n and stall kit, with a 150jet in front and a 146 jet in back. Should they be switched? What are you running?
yes you should switch the jets

A guy I met had a pig roast and had a kfx400 will all the mods you got and a drz base gasket(I think drz) and cams from the motocycle. Let my tell you that thing halled the mail. It kicked my V-force so bad I almost cryed.

I got the first 20 feet and then it was gooooone.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MentalState
I have aliens and a K&N my jets are 145 148 ...Runs great....Best mod for the buck is a dalton clutch kit with blue or plain HPD spring...

As far as racing goes Thats all I do lately..But I am one of thoes who tends to do it in the woods for long periods of time..GNCC baby nothin like it..

I will be travelin 12 hours to VA to race this weekend...

Love the guns Metalalien
Thanks for all the help guys, I'm going back to the dealer once more, and then I'm done with that place.

Hey Mental how much speed do you lose with the tank tracks? Have you used them on dirt with wheels up front? How much are those? I bet they help alot in sand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

mental, where is the race at in va. i would like to see it.

Quick Reply: Race tally for my V