Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Thinking about getting a Kawi

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a Kawi

I just sold my Bombardier DS650 and decided to move to a sport utility for more comfort when trail riding but still want something that can haul butt when I am in the mood for it. I have pretty much decided on Kawasaki but cant make up my mind if I should go with a Prairie 700 or the new Brute Force. What are the known pro's/con's of each one and what is your basic opions on each. Im really leaning towards the Prairie only because every review I have read on it has a hard time finding something they dont like and the new team green plastics look really cool.

Old 06-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

My vote goes in for the Team Green 700 Prairie then. Everything has been proven on this quad, most importantly: the handling. There has been a lot of speculation about the new Brute Force's handling at higher speeds. This won't be near as much of a problem on the Prairie because of it's solid rear axle. The only other reason I could see for someone to get the new Brute is the extra power, but come on. 700 liquid-cooled cc's is going to give you plenty of horses and then there's the LONG list of mods that can be done to further enhance this.

Old 06-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Range Rover

Very true. One thing I can deffiently see good coming out of this is the ability to bargain the price of a prairie down even further. BTW, what have people paid for their team greens? I have had a few 4 wheelers before but never bought any new so I dont know what is a reasonable markdown on it.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

I couldn't tell you that because the team green edition is new and I don't even know if the plastic has made it's way into the dealerships yet. If you wanted to buy right away, you could go ahead and get a regular Prairie and then buy green plastic from Mike Penland.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

In the past I have owned a V force and a ds650 and really liked the ds650 but after owning a Prairie believe it to be the best of all worlds. Only time will tell on the Brute force but I prefer solid rear axels to indepent rear suspension. If anyone can make the irs work it will be kawasaki though
Pumping premium

Old 06-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't think you will make a bad choice either way. I agree with the other fellas that the Prairie 700 is proven. I love mine. It might come down to the IRS. Best thing to do would be to test ride both on some different terrain and then make your decision.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, all I know is that I am tired of my hand hurting from working the clutch only 15 minutes into the trail ride so a sport ute is the way for me. I know they arent meant to be the hot rods of the atv world but haveing a 4 wheeler that can stand itself up just makes it so much more fun IMO. I think I have decided to go with the Prairie 700 in red and then throw a lift and some 28's on it. Has anyone heard of anyone running the new Outlaw 29.5's yet? I dont know if they would fit on a P700 but it sure would look good and be nice to have in the mud pits.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

I have a P700 and a DS. The Prairie 700 is awesome!!! It does EVERYTHING well. You just can't go wrong and that new green plastic is tough.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Your best bet IMO would be to make a deal on the reg. 04-05 P700. Then set your New red plastic to the side and get the Team Green color, you can get from Penland. Its less also if you wanted to go with blue or yellow! That way when your ready to sell it in a few years you have the nice original plastic to stick back on! This was my thought before I trashed my red plastic! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I really like having the team green color on my Prairie but now that there making it for 05 the down side is it wont be so unique! But that up side is nice because I can replace my broken stuff easily.. ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com
Prairie 700
TRX 250r
And a bunch of other Toyz!

Old 06-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Range Rover

Anyone know if Mike Penland has a website? I would like to see what all he has for the Prairie's. From what I have heard the plastics are around $700.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Kawi