Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Superwinch

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superwinch

Does anyone own the Superwinch 3000lbs ? Do you like it? Does it pull very well?
Thank you

Old 06-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superwinch

I had a 3000 pound superwinch and i would say RUN , RUN FAR AWAY!!! I was using the winch to assist me while climbing up a steep trail in the mountains when all of a sudden SNAP!! Something inside the winch let go and it started to free-spool,i got on the throttle but the front end just came up,so i bailed off to help hold the quad but slipped on the loose rock. I started rolling down the trail with the quad in hot pursuit. I got up and started runningdown the trail (nowhere to go but down,cliff on one side,6 foot wide trail,rock face on other side) with the quad barrel rolling behind me and gaining on me. I got going too fast for my legs to keep up and started tumbling again,got myself stopped,no time to get up again so i got as small as i could and hoped for the best!! Quad dug in just before it hit me and i watched as it flew over my shoulder,missed me by about 4 inches,and continued downhill until finally coming to rest on a spruce tree on edge of cliff. What a waste of a perfectly good P650!!! It all turned out o.k. though,insurance (good reason to have it you never know) totalled it and i ended up buying a 700 and bought the 650 from salvage and spent all winter frame straightening and repairing damage. Did all the repairs myself and ended up with a "frankenquad" for very little money. I guess there is a bright side to everything if you look hard enough, even though the "bright side" was probably my life flashing before my eyes!!! LOL!!!