Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

what mods for a '02 Lakota Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what mods for a '02 Lakota Sport

hey newduck,i wouldn't go with rcm, the only dg i would go with is the race version.The dg are awesome exhausts in all the pipe shootouts the dg was up in the top five in horsepower everytime.Also if dg was a crappy exhaust why would the pros tim farr and jj be running them.All i have heard on this forum is how crappy the dg is,my friend used to have a warrior with a stage 3 xcell and his ran just as good as my bros. fmf,both had aftermarket filters and jetted.they dragged 4 times and they both took 2 a piece,then in the top end run my friend with the dg exhaust was faster on top end,than my bro.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

Well as far as the exhaust. I have to agree with gaff, I have read that the supertrapp is the way to go. Now for the 330 kit, you can get it through Hanover Cycle Works racing and I'm not really sure for how much. But you can call them at (717)637-1907 and this is only one of the places, there are a few others. And after the basic mods, I say go with the mojave carb swap (thanks for the info Gaff).

Old 07-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

dg or supertrapp your going to be happy.I had the supertrap on my lakota,also with the k&n filter,rejetted and 13t and it ran awesome,it gives it the better throttle response and a great for trails.Now like mdyjeepgrl said you can get the 330 from cycle works or you can get it from fst.I believe the price at fst was like $500 for everything,but thats putting it in yourself i believe.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

thanks to every body that helped. i will just wait and see what kankak says about the stage 3. $500 seems a bit high what does it come with. i thought more like $300

Old 07-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Range Rover

I suggest you call and ask but If I'm correct I think you are looking at $350 or so. $500 does sound a little steep.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

man really i forget i talked to mickey dunlop about it and he said the kit alone would only cost around $300,but you needed something else that costed around $100-$150 i believe.I could be wrong its been a while ago.Maybe gaff knows?Also gaff how does or how did that 330 kit work for you and how fast did it make you?I read somewhere you sold it maybe i'm wrong.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks gaff on straightening me out on the jets. Makes sense now.

As far as the exhaust goes I'm more confused on which one to get now more than ever. lol Maybe I will just buy both and test them out myself. Of course that means really upsetting the wife...maybe not suck a good idea. I will try to find somemore review/comparisons on the DG stage 3 xcel vs. supertrapp ids2 and post a link here.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 07-08-2004, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider

I bought my 330 kit from FST. It was rite at $275 for the kit if I remember rite. It comes with piston, rings, gaskets and a new sleeve. You have to have the old sleeve pressed out, the jug bored to accept the new sleeve, then the cilinder bored for the new piston. I did mine myself and the hole job will run about $500.

The 330 kit works real well, holds up impressivly well also. I ran it hard for about eight months then tore it down just to inspect it, couldn't find any problems. I put new rings on and ran it hard for another eight months before I sold it. It all in all was a graet kit that deffinately held up as advertised. I raced this quad the intire time I had the kit totaling twenty four races and couldn't even speculate how many practice sessions.

The 330 kit is a graet boost in power, but I can't stress enough how much other things such as tires, a better clutch, and all the other little things help out just as much. I liked just what a set of tires did for the Lakota, but everything else was sweet too.

I'm not sure about the DG pipe. At the time I was setting mine up not alot was available. Infact we had to make most things. But I believe just the cost of the pipe yall are talking about would have turned me away from it, but then again thats easy to say now. Either way you go I'm sure it would be very hard to determine wich one was actually better than the other. I can say the supertrapp was a good one. I had the race series and the quiet series, unless you are going to race get the quiet series. The race series is very, very loud, wich may seem cool at first but after that minute passes it will give you a head ache, exspecialy in the woods.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

Hey all,

You can check out some of my mods in my picture page.....my new ones are up...shes looking good
~CHRIS~

Old 07-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

hey bigchris that thing is looking awesome.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: what mods for a '02 Lakota Sport