Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force Maintenance?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force Maintenance?????

Extort: to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power (see webster dictionary www.m-w.com).

I sent Kawi an email offering a service. They declined. That isn't extortion. I not only did NOT get anything, but I used legal methods.

Kawasaki sponsors many companies and people. It is not "Sickening" to want to be sponsored.

I had spent so much time out of work, and in and out of low pay jobs, I was looking for work or any honest means of making money.

Those were down days for me DOA. I think if you came across me when I am down again, I bet you would be one of the first to kick me while I am down.

I have gotten some things free to test, and I did what I said I was going to do (I do my best to be honest) but I never got money from anybody.

Old 07-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Range Rover

DOA that was totally uncalled for, this guy has put a tremendous amount of effort in HIS site and has been a tremendous asset for a lot of people that knows how to pick up a wrench and do for themselves, seeing how the dealers have a hard time accomplishing this themselves, they are few and far between, and would rather sell you a new one and then there you are again! I am glad i don't know you and never want to, I feel like I know NYROC because of his efforts I bet if we took a vote DOA you would be a very low number.Keep up the good work nyroc J.H.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:58 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Character

The definition of this word can mean many things.

somebody's public reputation

or

somebody who has an unusual or eccentric personality

I will let the forum members decided which applies here to ?????

Old 07-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

I know nyroc personally. Have met him, rode with him 3 times now, had dinner with him three times and talk with him on the phone atleast once a week. I can tell you, he is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. I am honored to be able to call him my friend.

Old 07-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a bad case of jealousy on DOA's part. I don't even own a Kawasaki, but I still appreciate the efforts of those who have offered assistance to ATV owners whatever they may ride.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

When I started this topic, it was to see if maintenance on the Brute Force would be an issue, as most of my experience has been with Yamaha's. I appreciate your reply Nyroc, and appologize for the skewering you seem to be getting.

Please continue to answer questions and post info for all to use, I thought thats what these forums were for.

Back to the Brute Force questions: 1) will I miss the extra clearance I have with my Grizzly versus the Brute Force? 2) Does the Brute Force have room for larger tires, if so, how large?

That should do it for now........any comments?

Old 07-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

plumrman, you will not miss the small amount of clearance you may have now over the the BF. When I looked at the BF on the dealer floor looked to me like you could fit 30" tires in there.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: jhmach
DOA that was totally uncalled for, this guy has put a tremendous amount of effort in HIS site and has been a tremendous asset for a lot of people that knows how to pick up a wrench and do for themselves, seeing how the dealers have a hard time accomplishing this themselves, they are few and far between, and would rather sell you a new one and then there you are again! I am glad i don't know you and never want to, I feel like I know NYROC because of his efforts I bet if we took a vote DOA you would be a very low number.Keep up the good work nyroc J.H.

Well said jhmach. I have never seen NYROC behave as anything but a gentleman and advocate of this sport. DOA, on the other hand appears somewhat different.

Between NYROC's site, the shop manual and a, apparently rare, supportive dealership I feel confident working on my 360.

Old 07-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure how Nyroc's efforts to get Kawasaki to "sponsor" him could ever be considered extortion. He asked, Kawasaki said no. No different than any other business venture that may, or may not, succeed. I think it is a credit to Nyroc that he has still maintained his tech tip site, even without sponsorship. No matter how you slice it, his tech tips have aided many of us, many times over... I don't recall Nyroc ever asking anyone for any sort of compensation for the use of his tech tips site. Nyroc, your site has helped me on multiple occasions. Thank you!

Old 07-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is a pretty messed up deal here. Not quite the normal mine's faster arguement, but just a personal slam.

Quick Reply: Brute Force Maintenance?????