Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kawi650 on evening news,axe murderer??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kawi650 on evening news,axe murderer??

well,you guys let me know when and ill try to make the arrangments..Im between jobs atm but working diligently to rectify that situation..even if it means working weekends..not that I want to do that...

Old 07-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer

Yes we are, I guess now it will be easier to spot us if you know Dave. We have not met him yet, but being in the Fish Chartering business I know a little about handling customer. Too date Dave has been first rate, then again down east everyone is. How many in your group and what colour is your Kawie and Yamaha? Are you also on a tour?

Old 07-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Travellers

That should make it very easy to spot you since I know Dave LOL!!! My 650 is Camo and my girlfriends Bruin is Red. If you click on the little picture icon under my name, you can see a picture of the bikes. Also, all of us will have an orange safety flag with the Canada and New Brunswick flag on them, so it should be easy to see. On one of the bottom picture, you can see my girlfriends Bruin with the flag on it.

On our trip, we are 13 people, with 10 bikes. So 3 people are ridding 2-up. No we are not on a tour. 6 of the people that are going with us this time, took the tour with Dave Sherwood 2 years ago. So now that they know the way around the Rock, so they are basically bringing us over.

We've had a few meetings to prepare for the trip, and the only bad thing that I heard from the tour they took was that it was a bit too rushed. They didn't have a lot of time to stop and see things since they where on a fix schedule and had to get to certain destinations on certain dates. So it was always go, go, go. Didn't have much time to see anything, but they had an awesome time.

This is the reason why they are going again this year. They want to go back and see all the beautifull things that they missed the first time around. So basically we are doing the same thing that you guys are doing, but for double the lenght of time, and a bit cheaper.

Like I mentioned before we rented a lodged called Backcountry Adventures up 1 hour north of Deerlake. We will be staying at this lodge for 2 days. They charge $100 per person per day, to stay at the lodge, but they provide sleeping accomodations, all your food, your fishing license, and all fishing gear, and a guide. They told us that one night, we will be having steak and lobsters for supper, so I don't think you can go wrong. One of the guide from the lodge will be meeting us in Deerlake, then he will bring us into the lodge with our atv's. We plan on doing some relaxing, and some fishing for one day, and the second day we will get the guides to take us out to do some atving. So it should be an awesome time at the lodge.

Then we leave the lodge and head towards old man's pond.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Trav; alot of spots on the rock does not sell super gas. I think the highest 1.07 and the lowest was 91, 107 is super.

We have a nice brinks bike lock that does a really good job.

Freshwater is right at the ferry, we were staying at the Trudon house, she was so nice she gave us a full refund for the night she felt so bad. We got off the ferry at 11PM and the gear was gone by 7AM. I would stay there again but maybe hide the bikes a little better. All our camping gear we left on the bikes. Freshwater is a really short trip from the main line.

The bush trail behind gander lake goes to a plane crash from 1953 off the railway for about 190km detour. KEEP AWAY this trail is no longer a trail!!!!! I got some calls in to some locals to see if they are plan on cutting it back out.

Ran the mudlights... Love em.

You can run from "Backcountry Adventure Lodge" to Stevenville easy in a day so you should be able run from Old man's pond to Stevenville.

I talked to several people that took Dave Sherwoods tour and they felt rushed too. I recommend you travel slow and stop at everything even if you have to leave earlier and play catch up at night!

No runs to the rock for me in August... Got a 5 day trip in CapeBreton and 4 day on PEI and a 4 day camping trip here in southern part of NS. I guess I can say I did/doing all the alantic provinces this summer. LOL

2 weeks on the rock! I only been on the rock for a maxium of 12 days now I'm jeolous LOL I guess I have to go with you!

By the way if you see a bright yellow t-shirt with metro district atv club on it go to the guy and tell him my brother would really like it back! LOL Or a king's county shirt. He also has one of my GPS with all the waypoints of newfoundland on it so if you find him you will have one hell of a trip!

BTW dan look for a 500 green sportmans that's broken along the trail... atleast that's whad Dave was driving the last time I seen him! LOL

Old 07-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Kawi650,

Where should I look for this famous yellow t-shirt guy? LOL!!! He sounds like a blast.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Dave might be driving a yellow Sportmans 500, but maybe he traded it for a green one.

Thanks for the info about Deerlake to Stephenville. Glad to know it's possible.

Maybe we should try and plan another trip next summer for a good 2 weeks LOL!!!!

I was talking to the organiser of the trip, and I think we are going to setup watch everynight if we happen to stay in motels.

Jason, did you take any pictures???? LOL!!!

Old 07-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

WATCH OUT FOR THE GUY IN THE YELLOW SHIRT he got our: tents, clothing, GPS, Sleeping bags, all clothes, extra rain gear, Food, backpacks, camping mats, my shaver, campingchairs and my film etc.... If he personnally ate all the food he stole from us he would be still sitting around the Argentia ferry because he wouldn't be able to walk after having a feast like that.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

OK 10-4

I get your message loud and clear. At first I though you meant look for this guy so he will show you a good time LOL!!

Old 07-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Going back on topic... The police asked me if we were willing to put a reward up on what we lost so said I I wasn't interested in a reward but I would be willing to put a bounty on the guy in the yellow shirt. LOL

Old 07-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds like a plan.

I will be on a lookout for a yellow shirt LOL!!

Old 07-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Travellers

Check your Private Message.

Dan