Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kawi650 on evening news,axe murderer??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kawi650 on evening news,axe murderer??

Just kidding man,got you attention though.I missed most of what was happening,could you sum it up for me?

Old 07-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

that's not me it's just someone that looks like me LOL... That was my twin brother.... I'm the evil one not my brother.

All I know it's something about a new group of ATVers from the valley.

Just got back from the rock... it was a trip. we had our camping gear stolen from our quads the first night in Fresh water; never got the bike thou, got rained out, took the trail behind Gander Lake and got clobbered with bushes and trees, ran out of gas three times, the birds kept stealling out breakfast, and it rain really hard one day, four days of rain and two days of sun. In howley some guy tried to break in to our room at 3AM , (by accident but it still was quite funny..) The rack on the honda front and back gave away on day 2. Lost 3 days , one in freshwater/ Claireville replacing stolen stuff and 2 days in the bush behind Gambo and spent the other four days catching up! Great trip LOL... (it wasn't as bad it sounds).

Anyone doing the rock this year watch everything, a group couple weeks ago lost their bikes at a motel in Stevenville. AND BY ALL MEANS DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO BEHIND GANDER LAKE! It's not even fit enough back there for a moose to live.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Jason

I'm glad to hear you made it back alive. That sounds like some trip you guys had.

How did they manage to get your camping gear in Freshwater? Did it happen during the night, or was it in the daytime? I looked on the Newfounland map, and Freshwater appears to be a side trip as it doesn't appear to be on the old rail line. Is this correct?

The trail behind Gander Lake, is this the regular trail that you would usually take, or is it an alternate route that you decided to take?

Sounds like you had an eventfull trip? As you know we are leaving on August 6th. Anymore info that you think we should know?

Old 07-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Jason; your right full of good news, I guess I should buy a log chain and lock them together while sleeping. I see we do stay in Stephenville one night. Maybe increase the insurance and buy a 750 on my return. By the way what was the price of gas? not that we are buying as it is part of the deal (In around about way we are buying). Sounds like you had quite a trip. Was putting original tires on 700 today to get ready got drenched in a downpour I don't think it can rain anymore on the rock than it has here. It is making it tough on the fishing chartering had to cancel again today, customers don't like fishing and watching fireworks at the same time. I'm going to leave DYNA CDI hooked in possibly bring octane booster I like the way she runs now no kickback and lots of go power. I don't think anyone is going to buy high test gas for me on the rock.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Travellers

When are you leaving on your trip? Are you leaving from Port Aux Basque or Argentia?

From your post, I'm assuming that you are going with an organized group?

Old 07-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

We are leaving 4pm on the 13th of August and going to Argentia to start trip.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Right on, that means that we will be one week ahead of you, but we are doing the trip in 2 weeks instead of the regular 6 days. We are coming back on the ferry on the morning of August 21st.

When are you guys coming back?

Old 07-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

We will be leaving the Rock at 6pm on Thursday night arriving at North Sydney at midnight. I guess we better make arrangements to stay at North Sydney on arrival, something I had not done.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Travellers

So you are coming back on the Thursday the19th? Is it that Thursday?

That means that you will be passing us around the 18th since we are scheduled to arrive in Port aux Basques on the 20th (Friday night), to take the ferry Saturday morning.

From looking at our agenda, we should be around Old Man's Pond/ Stephenville area between the 17 and 18. Hopefully we can cross paths.

I think it might be a good idea to bring some octane booster if you plan on running your CDI. From what I've been told, some places do not sell Supreme gas.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

We will be in Stephenville on the 18th as well, yes; lets see if we can meet somewhere. Hey; we might be staying at the same place. We are staying at Dream Catcher lodge.

Quick Reply: kawi650 on evening news,axe murderer??