Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

battery removal in Lakota Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery removal in Lakota Sport

Well I'd say you should definately go with the mojave carb swap, especially because it gives you more power and it allows you to run each gear a lot longer. At first it feels like you'll loose a bit of low end, but after shifting into first, and rev it out, its much better. You'll automatically feel the difference. I recommend swapping.
And as far as the heavier clutch, it would eventually start slipping especially after the bigger carb was installed. That was my reason for changing it.
I'll see if I could get some pics up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

In my opinion, riding the lakota sport in rough tracks and/or trail, the suspension prevents you from using all of the power of the Lakota. I can ride faster if the lakota has a better suspension. One good feature the lakota has over the big quads is the size. Its like driving a supercharged mini-cooper along with the Corvettes in a track where agility is more important than all out speed. If the suspension was better, the ride wouldn't be so bumpy and passing an opponent while executing a turn would be possible. In a few months, my Lakota will have Works Shocks all around. I hope it would make a difference as the company promised it. In a straightaway, the lakota does not have a chance against the 450 cc quads but they don't pull away too much. I usually catch up right behind them as soon as the corner starts.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Stock wise the suspension isnt to bad.....for its class especially, I'd truely say it has the best suspension out of all the 250's, the 300ex, warrior and blaster....kawasaki kept the same boingers all these years because they felt the suspension was supurior to the machines in its class....The shocks could be better, but I can't complain, right now I got them tuned to how I use them...and i can't complain...

The Lakota indeed does have a nice design, It sure as heck is one of the best trail machines out there, even in stock form.....Where I live here.....everybody wants to be the best, no 1 knows alot about their machines, but they think it's the fastest...This is why I love having the Lakota.....most magazines make it sound like it sucks....which i love...because when one guy tells me he'll smoke me on his blaster...and I beat him, the next kid comes along on a "piped" 250ex, and tells me he'll smoke me...please...I almost like being the underdog with my quad.....no one likes to respect it until they lose.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Trailblazer

if you remove the batter...it will run likke crap....it depends on the battery to run basicaly