Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My Brute Force Story

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Brute Force Story

Scoobybri,
So you bought the red one eh? I noticed it was gone when I stopped at Cedar Ridge Sports today (I live in Cedar City). I sat on your Brute Force, and even started it and parked it right beside a Grizzly, and checked it out thoroughly on the same day it arrived at the dealership. Congratulations on purchasing what I'm sure is an exciting ride. Cedar Ridge Sports is a good dealer to work with, and they have become my dealer of choice. I thought it was interesting to hear you say that you got goose bumps when you heard your Brute Force start up in the service area, because if you want to talk goose bumps, you should hear a V-Force with a Yoshimura dual exhaust get started in that same service area. When they started up my V-Force after I had had it in their shop to have the valves adjusted, it had such a loud and deep exhaust note that it literally shook the whole building.

And just one more thing, ... could you tell me which trails you rode in the Dixie National Forest? Where were they at, and how did you go about getting to them from Cedar City? I may have already ridden them, but if not, I would like to check them out.

Old 07-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Range Rover

If you head east out Rt. 14 for about 30 miles, you will come to Duck Creek Village. Stop at the Phillips gas station and pick up a trail map for $2.95. Well worth it. Each trail system is marked on the map by color and trail number. I drove another mile or two past Duck Creek and took a left onto the dirt road that leads to Mammoth Cave. Drove about a 1/2 mile in and parked. Took off from there. Utah is such an ATV friendly state! Every trail is well marked at every intersection with trail color, number, and difficulty rating and matched the map exactly. Like I said, it was my wife's first try at ATVing so we only rode the easy trails for about an hour. I want to come back sans the wife and camp for the weekend. There are days worth of trails to explore. It's no Paiute, but it's really nice. Too bad it's 3.5 hours away from me or I would be back up there this weekend. I'm thinking of heading up there next month with some guys from work. The temperature difference between there and home is amazing. 65 and gorgeous in Utah. 3 hours later, I'm rolling into Vegas and it's 110. It's a trade-off. In December, it will be 65 and gorgeous here. I can ride all winter long!

Brian

Old 07-23-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Read those mototune break in articles! I fully subscribe to his way of break in. Been doing it that way for years.

Old 07-23-2004, 04:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No way in hell I break something in the way I ride it. and notice I said "BREAK" and not "BRAKE". There are tons of break in stories, and taking it full throttle right off the bat just doesn't sound like the right way to go. I've seen a Rubicon get that kind of break it. Motor blew a year later. I would at least give it 50 miles of varying throttle and no long top speed runs before I started riding it like I stole it. Like with a 2stroke outboard. You double the oil mixture and vary the throttle without running it all out for about half a tank of gas, and don't leave it at top speed for any big ammount of time until you've run a full tank through it. Gives the rings time to seat.

Old 07-23-2004, 05:57 AM
Pro Rider

its noy long top speed runs tis 3 gear open throttle hard break open throttle hard break
for 20 miles the you must do a oil change if not you messed up the prosses

Old 07-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Scoobibri,
Thanks for the reply. I have ridden those trails, and they are a lot of fun in the summer time. Your first post had said you were riding west of Cedar City though, so I thought you might be talking about a different place I had not heard of yet. Duck Creek is east of Cedar City. Have fun with that Brute Force.

And on the engine break in part of this thread ...

I owned two different Kawasaki V-Force's in 2004, an orange one, and a Lava Red one. I broke the orange one in using the old fashioned method of avoiding more than half throttle use and varying my speed for the first two tanks of gas. I broke the Lava Red one in using the mototune method, and followed the directions on that web page to a tee. The Orange V-Force ran fantastic, seemed really strong running, and never used a drop of oil. The Lava Red V-Force started blowing blue smoke from the rear cylinder after just the third tank of gas. The smoke would be visible only right after start up, and would go away once the engine warmed up.

I have gone back to the old fashioned way of breaking in an engine. Quite frankly, I think that mototune guy is an idiot.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

All I see is controlled ring loading in the break in articles, Nowhere do I see anything about "ride it like you stole it "

Old 07-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, it is east. I had a brain fart there. I'm going to be going up there in late August or early September to camp-n-ride for a few days. Hopefully Cedar City Kawi will have the $69 winches and mounting hardware in stock by then.

Brian

Old 07-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey brian-- congrats!!! we are waiting for the bf in our area in camo so how much did you pay out the door ?? if you don't mind telling
thanks

Old 07-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Range Rover

$7450 OTD

Brian

Quick Reply: My Brute Force Story