Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

camping trip from hell

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camping trip from hell

I am getting it lifted out by helicopter tomorrow
I am curious what the cost will be on this.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

HEHEHE!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yup Moses------you beat me with that one!!!

Old 08-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: NovaKaw650
Originally posted by: reconman2003- we threw some lighter fluid on one and caught it on fire with a stick and it ran around on fire- it was so funny. but i was with friends so it wasnt to bad
Oh, great!! Now we're going to have Peta jumping all over us, unfortunately they would be right this time. reconman2003- that's not fun, it's just plain cruel!!
Agreed. Sounds to me like the infestation didn't consist of skunks, but rather two quad riders. This type of behavior, even if made up for attention's sake, gives ammo to the enviro nuts.

Hats off to mastrblastr for responding to his really bad outing like an adult.

Moo,
WheelCow

Old 08-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

i want trying to start anything
i wasnt the one doing it to the skunks hold a minute and ill edit

Old 08-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

IT must have been one of "those" weekends... atleast you guys got some seat time on the 4 wheelers... for me, it rained when I didn't want it to, & was dry, when I could have been napping, istead of working...

I was going to pour a 10' X 10" concrete pad infront of the yard barn... I had previously gone to Menards, & bought the bag concrete, cosulted with their person, as to how much I'd need, & purposely bought 6 extra bags, just to insure that I'd have enough... the pad was formed, rebar down, I had my cement mixer there & ready, & after I got about 1/4 mixed, the sky's let loose... great, a torential down pour... well my bag concrete was already wet, so I kept on mixing, & found a tarp to throw over the freshly poured mix... wouldn't you know that the bags they put the concrete it, would disolve when wet... & then as it's still pouring, I come to the realization that I'm 10-15 bags short... well, in sarcasim, I just had to thank GOD for the rain... I raked a rough pattern in the concrete in the form, & pulled back the edges, so that later, I can finish pouring my pad... spent the rest of the weekend working in the yard ( battling mosquitoes ), wish I had been wheeling

Old 08-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Range Rover

1wheelmoses; thats flat hairy scary crazy stuff, glad your ok good thing you had a natures good catch fence trees are truely our friends jh

Old 08-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

I bet those trees thought they had heard it all until you started hollering at them. I think the Sierra Club should get involved with this type of abuse.

1wheel...yeah, let us know how everything came out.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

If i was there for the skunk episode i would have been laughing so hard as I wathched you try to remove my size 13 boots from your ***, while watching you try to get your brainless head out of there too. After spray-painting your face with skunk poop, I would have definitely made you apoligize to the skunk, as I feel you might be a candidate for the dumb-*** of the century foundation, a non-profit group dedicated to figuring out where the hell you get off lighting a skunk on fire. Do you have any idea how much misery you created for the skunk? . You know, I hunt turkeys. But I don't light them on fire. Save that for good advice. Now stand in the corner. And don't turn around.OOOOOOOOOOh I just "smoked" ya. With a pun too. Other wise, ride on.....want a hot dog? It's really over cooked. Jus yo style....

Old 08-03-2004, 02:52 AM
Range Rover

First off you guys need to get off this topic of flameing skunks you know this is crazy crap anyway who is crazy enough to even get close enough to this nasty thing of nature alone put a flamable on it.... it aint going to spontainiously combust throwing a burning log at it either... unless the god awful oder is combustable like our farts after beer and brawtwurst .......The guys that screwed there quads up and damn near could of cost them there lives is what this post was started about learn OFF IT instead off beating a much to crazy story he edited the skunk thing anyway,(nothing wrong about a little streched humor) so don't hurt the website any more, besides one of the stinkin bastwrds got under my house and i shot it while it was headin toward the field at 300 yards and it exploded can you say I was wrong I think I come first If you are in my or under my house...nuff said J.H.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:02 AM
Trailblazer

Ok guys this is how it went.
8am. meet pilot at hanger he gave me a radio and harness sling.I gave him gps coordinates.
Drove to bottom of valley arrived at 9am unload kawy 360 and wifes 200 rally me and her on 360 friend drives rally
Provisions taken are:1 front tire mounted on stock rim ,tools ,ropes,2 comealongs,gps,radios machetes,etc,etc.
1.5 hour quad ride up over top mountain into the next valley did 4 radio checks to helicopter base to make sure I could hit their repeater.
Arrival at crash site 1030am climb down ravine with tire tools and machetes give p700 a big hug and tell him he's coming home today.
1040 change tire and cut a trail to the creek so helicopter has good visual--me and wife argue because we are almost slicing each other with machetes-friend laughs.
11am I call helicopter base-they acknowledge chopper will arrive in 20 minutes actual flight time is 12 minutes.
1105am put down bright yellow rain gear at quad for chopper visual-put 60 feet of yellow rope in big circle up at landing spot further up trail.
1120am chopper arrives hooks to harness.
1122am p700 is up on trail after a nice smooth ride pilot misses yellow rope circle only by inches [I really wanted it in the circle ]I unhook harness chopper leaves.
1130am fire up 700 it wants to go riding again but I tell him we have to head back home.
We gathered everything up and headed back-700 drives perfect-I sneek in the odd wheelee.
Drove back to hanger with quads and return radio and harness. I pay helicopter company 460 dollars plus 35 dollars for jet fuel used.
Actual damage to 700:bumper bent,front rack bent 1 tear in black trim one tire off bead but still ok, 1 lost mirror.
The damage will be fixed in my garage in one night.for 0 dollars or very little dollars ,thats amazing considering it flipped at least 5 times.
My wife took digital pictures.May be I could email to somebody to post?

Quick Reply: camping trip from hell