Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX V Force....Please Help! Several Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX V Force....Please Help! Several Questions!

Quotes from the YAMAHA Forum:

The V-Force also has excellent low speed handling in tight woods conditions, so it works well at GNCC racing.

The problem with the V-Force is its utility style rear driveshaft, and its effect on suspension performance, especially as speed starts to increase. The suspension of a V is mediocre anyway, and when combined with a rear driveshaft and its torque loading effect on the suspension, and the weight of the V-Force, it can be a handfull at high speed over rough terrain, such as sand whoops on a desert race course. Perhaps the best way to sum it up is to say that the V is great at speeds below 30 mph, but NOT great at speeds above 30 mph. Most GNCC racing is below 30 mph.

I've raced my KFX700 in 7 GNCC races, and yes they do well in XC. But they are far from the fastest out there. The weight of the V after a 2hr race just plain wipes you out. Out of the 400+ atv's that race, there are only about a dozen V's that race (not including the utility unlimited class which is mostly V's). I had about $11000 into my V just to be able to do well. (3rd was my best finish). My brother has a Pred with about $6500 into it, and he just plain smokes me in the woods, strait aways, and the MX parts of races. After the last race at the Wisp, we both got to a open section of the track at the same time, looked at each other and pinned it. He just walked away as I was eating his dust. 2 weeks after the race, I sold the V and got me a Pred. Now the playing field is equal again. Don't get me wrong, the V treated me very well, and had no complaints (other then the weight). But it just can't keep up with the manual sport quads in XC racing.

All in all they really dont like it!

Ok.....im not gettin the VForce.....I cant give up the manual tranny, and cant risk not being able to deal with the weight issue...it takes a "different" way to make the V fast! I dont wanna blow 10plus grand to be pissed and wish i would have gotten the Z!

Im going to go with the Z400, and just start ordering mad parts for it!

Thanks for the help you guys!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-05-2004, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Good luck on your Z sick, hope you made the right decision.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider

i am sure i did, i will not regret it!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XXxxSiCk660xxXX
Quotes from the YAMAHA Forum:

I've raced my KFX700 in 7 GNCC races, and yes they do well in XC. But they are far from the fastest out there. The weight of the V after a 2hr race just plain wipes you out. Out of the 400+ atv's that race, there are only about a dozen V's that race (not including the utility unlimited class which is mostly V's). I had about $11000 into my V just to be able to do well. (3rd was my best finish). My brother has a Pred with about $6500 into it, and he just plain smokes me in the woods, strait aways, and the MX parts of races. After the last race at the Wisp, we both got to a open section of the track at the same time, looked at each other and pinned it. He just walked away as I was eating his dust. 2 weeks after the race, I sold the V and got me a Pred. Now the playing field is equal again. Don't get me wrong, the V treated me very well, and had no complaints (other then the weight). But it just can't keep up with the manual sport quads in XC racing.

-bLuRRRR27-
Not that it means anything now, but I'm pretty sure the guy that wrote that was still using the stock clutch spring. If you're not going to experiment with different clutch setups then you're going to get passed by everything no matter what else you've done to the motor.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Doc, Please tell me more about what is involved in getting(installing) the800cc Kit. I have muzzy,clutch kit, k+n,jetting, and I think the thing runs without flaw! It idles a bit high at first, but thats eisily managed w/the choke adj. I had to wrap both of the exhaust tubes with header tape from a speed shop because the exhaust was so hot on my left ancle and l inner leg. the heat protector was actually drawing heat from the tube, so I removed it and the whole thing is cool now that it's wrapped in this exhaust header tape. You wet it and after it is aplied it shrinks to fit when it's run initially. It's held on by clamps and maybe doesn't look as sano, but the sucker was burnin me up! What is the torque like with the kit? what do I have to do after installing it? How much is it? How do I go about getting the kit? thanx, ZERO-60[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys I hear allot anout what you should do to mod your V
exhaust, springs, clutch weights etc.

first of all it looks pretty easy to change out the spring
I'm running at 5k feet and ride up into 10k what type of spring should I be running?
I have no exhaust mods yet, still saving up for that big investment
what about clutch weights?
any advice on that?

any help would be appreciated
thanks Bud