Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX V Force....Please Help! Several Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX V Force....Please Help! Several Questions!

Ok, i have had several bikes in the past and the latest thing i own is the Raptor.....its got about 8grand dumped into it, and lately i have had nothing but problems...no support from yamaha, or my dealership...if fact the dealer only makes $hit worse!

I am trading in the raptor this weekend as i have stripped down most of my parts...it has quite a bit of motor work but i am really not going to miss it!

SO...with all this being said HOW RELIABLE is the VForce, Even after modding it out with diff springs and weights, jets, pipes...ect

How do they compare to the raptor, Z400..... Are they really all that in the woods???

What are STOCK HP Numbers....i have heard 30 and all the way up to 52 stock LOL?????

How fast are they STOCK??? I have also heard alot of diff numbers here as well.....

I have heard that the belt gets wet and slips and problems like that...

Any help would really be appreciated..

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

My V has about 120 hrs on it. The only mods I have are a K&N and the pink spirng. I am even with my buddies raptor. He droped a tooth on the front sproket to help in the sand. The only problem I have had so far is cracked rear motor mounts. The dealer welded them up and put in an additional cross brace for me. Other than that no issues and I do ride it hard.

I did roll it about 8 times down a sand hill and into the trees. After being upside down for 5 - 10 minutes we were able to roll it back over. Waited a few minutes and it started right up. My friends could not believe it. Did some damage to where the plastic attaches to the frame but I was able to fix it my self and you can not tell from the outside that anything happended.

The width is nice in the sand, my buddie has rolled his raptor several times due to its narrow stance.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

As far as trails, I wouldn't give a V for 3 raptors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I race with local raptors all the time. I have duals and dalton clutch kit. I will soon install degree key and lighter rear wheels and tires. Right now I can eat most of these modded raptors up until around 300-400 ft. They will pull about a quad length on me at that point. After getting the timing advanced and putting on the lighter tire/wheel setup, I think I will be back on top. Belt is not really an issue. Stock top speed is probably around 72 mph on average. These things hold up very well modded. Mickey Dunlap sells an 800 kit that is supposed to work really well. Aftermarket kits to convert to chain drive are well underway also, if that ever crosses your mind. I am 6'2" 200 lbs and the V fits me very well, unlike most other sports that I have ridden. Reliability has been top notch for me. I've had it since last spring.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Where do i get clutch springs from if i get it, where do i get the dalton weights or any other performance parts, i see many other boltons such as the IMS parts that i will be getting, if i were to get this, it gets stripped and 3grand dumped on it immediatly so i can get back to the races...i race hare scrambles and gncc. Would elka shocks correct the speed stability part, because i hear that after about 30mph this thing rides like $hit, and cant handle any jumps or anything like that.....

IMS bumper
AC Propegs
IMS Gas Tank
DG Full Skids
Elka Shocks
Clutch Springs???? (Trail Use, need torque) Slight stall!
Yoshimura Exhuast
and somehow ill cut up the airbox and get a proflow in there!

How bad is jetting on these things?
How well does the belt hold up, i mean if it would go ur HIT!...not goin nowhere!

Its this 700 beast or back to an 05 Z400!!!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-04-2004, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Kfx-700 runs great and does very well on the jumps. In fact i though it landed softer than my Z-400 . I t also runs good after a 30mph i dont why that other guys said that. The kfx-700 can easely keep up or in most cases beat a Z. Never mine though i just installed my nos and smoked my buddys yfz-450.

Old 08-04-2004, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

i donno if i wanna give up shifting, i do use engine braking...Thats an awful lot of weight also! Its gotta wear down a rider faster then the 400 would! Its not nimble lol, so i would think that you would get fatigued faster!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Trailblazer

It is all a matter of preference. I have a v700 and a Z400. I love my v. You do not know how much energy is expended shifting. Also I run elkas on the v and stock shocks on the z400 so that probably helps on fatigue. Ride one and see before you decide.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Trailblazer

also if you are in the neighborhood since you are from ohio i would let you ride mine. Also ASK in Lancaster, ohio has an area where they will let you ride them before you buy one. pretty good perk.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Range Rover

My V has held up very well with the mods it has. I have probably 90+ miles since my big bore kit and have not had one problems with it. I purchased the kit from Mickey Dunlap.

Old 08-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Q:SO...with all this being said HOW RELIABLE is the VForce, Even after modding it out with diff springs and weights, jets, pipes...ect
A:I have my V modded out with all the above and have never had a problem with it. That says alot considering I do alot of drag racing and agressive trail riding.

Q:How do they compare to the raptor, Z400..... Are they really all that in the woods???
A:The width of the V makes the V a more stable woods machine than the Raptor and It's right on par with the z400 in the woods. A z400 rider has to hope there aren't any wide open spaces and V force riders behind them because they will get passed easilly with a properly outfitted V

Q: What are STOCK HP Numbers....i have heard 30 and all the way up to 52 stock LOL?????
A: If I remember right, the stock engine put's out 38.

Q:How fast are they STOCK??? I have also heard alot of diff numbers here as well.....
A: Mine got up to 72 stock.

Q:I have heard that the belt gets wet and slips and problems like that...
A: Never had my belt slip, even when wet.

You're better off taking one for a cruise before making your decision. You'll hear alot of negetive things about V forces from people who either have never even been on one, or only ridden or saw a stock bike. I bought one and was disapointed by the fact that I would get passed pretty easilly by piped raptors, yfz's and preddy's. After you pipe and clutch these things, they feel like a totally different machine. I have been able to build quite a repuation on my V force at my local riding area by having the "bike to beat". Remember that you have 700cc's to work with and the auto is more of an advantage than a detriment when you set it up right. Good luck on your decision.

Quick Reply: KFX V Force....Please Help! Several Questions!