Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KEBC motor reset-Nyroc or KOD

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KEBC motor reset-Nyroc or KOD

when you hooked up the connector from the ebc,did you hook it last after you crossed the twin plugs?..after u cross the twin plugs ,turn the key on and give it a good ten seconds with the key on..the light should be blinking like crazy for at least 7 seconds then slows down..turn key off reconnect the plugs the correct way then replug the small connector from the ebc..that last step if not done very last will ruin the whole procedure..

Old 08-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey GMC

on the flywheel key, you should have given the pull starter a tug to see and confirm which way the flywheel turns--the scenario is to fire your ignition sooner, so you actually want the flywheel to be ahead of where it would be with the stock key

hope this makes some sense.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

oh,and if you still cant get it to reset..check your battery terminals..even a slightly loose terminal will cause the ebc to trip.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

hey Moses..how do you like your black spring?..did it raise your engagement rpm alot?..im thinking of putting mine in but dont want the engagement to be too high..what you think?

Old 08-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey metallikev---I dont think i really understand what you mean by engagement????? Are you talking about the rpm that the clutch engages at??? If so, I really dont think it changed from the stock spring. The biggest difference I notice is less clutch slip upon takeoff--this may be bad because the 360 just doesnt have the power to do anything with this hookup and might be faster with a little more clutch slip on takeoff.

Still, i am going to leave mine in because i think i will need it after the nitrous install LOL

Old 08-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

yea,i guess i mean do you have to punch it up a bit to get it to take off from standstill

Old 08-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

you know, i've heard reports of the 360 being able to pull the wheels from a dead stop---I can assure you that no way will mine do that--maybe with the stock spring, with the clutch slipping a little to get the rpms up, it might be possible----

Old 08-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

Hi NYROC,

I contacted you about this problem several months ago and am just getting around to taking a look. On my Prarie 650 when I accellerate up a steep hill under load, I get a metal to metal sound in the drive train like it's a tranny slip or something. I can feel it slip/catch once- and then theres no problem. You said earlier (I think) that there may be a linkage adjustment - or a band that needed adjusting or something. I do not get this problem on level ground, Only under load transiting up hill. DOn't want to strip anything so any advise welcomed - before I take it to a dealer to fix.

Old 08-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

They all make a little teeny creak, which I don't know what it is.

The shifter adjustment and loose motor mounts are the biggest problems that sound like what you descrice. Some people have had problems with the shift forks in the transmission.

Hey, man. You gotta start takin stuff apart and checking adjustments. It is hard to tell from where I sit. If it were my machine, whatever is wrong would have been adjusted or greased or replaced by now. If it were kissofdeath's machine, it would be cleaned, adjusted, painted, and have a performance sticker on it by now. Fix it before it fixes you.

I already told you what I thought it could be (and I wrote down all I know on my website). Now it is your turn to look at your machine, twist wrenches and get some facts and then get back and ask the whole forum. All of us together know more than one guy.

Old 08-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

such modesty =)

Quick Reply: KEBC motor reset-Nyroc or KOD