Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KEBC motor reset-Nyroc or KOD

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KEBC motor reset-Nyroc or KOD

I did the DG 4 degree key install according to KOD's website-Thanks KOD very good information and instructions.
I did however, have my CVT cover off and I did turn the key on with the cover off. After I got everything back together my belt light was flashing . I tried the reset procedure indicated on Nyroc's site-Once again very good info-but to no avail. The belt light still blinks and my P700 acts as if it is in a limp mode. I reach approx 6 mph and it starts cutting out just like it does when you are in reverse before you hit the over ride.
Finally getting to the point-will doing the KEBC motor reset fix this or is it time to load it up and get it to Kemp's Kawasaki for a real mechanic to look at it.

Thanks

Steve

Old 08-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Pull the cover and check the belt switch. The KEBC spooling should not put it into limp mode.

Old 08-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

Grownman.I just adjusted my belyt first time and had same problem resetting.When you change your pin connectors around and disconnect 2 pin connector turn key on for 3-4 seconds then turn off ignition if you wait to long it dosen't seem to work.Try this and let me know.I got this info from my manual.

Old 08-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Grownmancrying appears to not be in limp mode, or have the 100 hour belt light. His light is on because the KEBC is malfunctioning.

At least, that is what I read from this.

So, grownman, if that is the case you don't need to try to reset the belt light, you need to fix the KEBC.

I have a document for this.

You can try to take the motor cap off and trist the motor by hand, I forgot which way, but gently turn it one way untill it wants to stop, and then the other way until it wants to stop. Lube it while you are in there. Leave it at whichever position is furthest from where it started.

Old 08-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info fellas. One more question I have is will the KEBC malfunction cause the P700 to lose power? It idles just fine but loses power when I get my rpms up. Oh and my 2 and 4 wd light does flash from time to time at about the 1 second interval.
On another note , I am beginning to wonder if I did put they offset key in backwards-the offset should go towards the front of the quad, correct?

Once again , thanks for taking the time to answer these posts.

Old 08-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

Are u absolutely sure your belt switch is in the on position.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks grownmancrying for the website comments. My brother in law has my service manual at this time so I can refer to it. But, the belt light flashing, to me indicates that the belt switch in the cover is tripped. The one second interval between the 2wd/4wd lights mean the 4wd actuator isnt working, the KEBC actuator isnt working or both. I think you put the key in right and there is no need to consider that as being at fault. If this happend to me I would retrace all my steps I did when I had the cvt cover off. Be sure and check the belt switch like the others have recommended.

nyroc or anyone else with a service manual handy. what does the 1 sec flashing interval mean. I wish I could help more.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

If your offset key was in backwards, you would't run that bad. IT would only run a little slower and a little hotter.

Page 38 of manual says:

flashing 2wd/4wd indicator lights signal a malfunction of the kawasaki engine brake control system or the selectable 2wd/4wd system. A flashing interval of 0.5 seconds indicates a malfunction with the 2wd/4wd actuator, a 1 second interval indicates the KEBC actuator is malfunctioning, a 2 second interval indicates both actuators are malfunctioning.

grownman, I believe your belt switch is tripped too. The 04 should not be in limp mode for just a belt light reset. Only the early 03 did that.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

Well, everything has been tried. P700 is in the truck awaiting transport to the dealer tommorrow. Thanks for the input and I will reply to this thread when the dealer tells me where I screwed up. Live and Learn.

Thanks again.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer

OK. Don't know what I was doing wrong, but , I just paid the dealer $187 to reset my belt light and replace the heli coils on my cvt cover. I asked him if the machine would come from the factory with heli coils already in place and he said no. I have never had the cvt cover off until this belt light situation and I know that I did not put heli coils in at that time. Strange. Dealer said that 4 of the bolts on the cvt cover had heli coils already installed an installed incorrectly.

He also said that it could have been the KEBC but that he did nothing to reset it. I must have been doing something wrong. Live and learn.

Quick Reply: KEBC motor reset-Nyroc or KOD