Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force Winch Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force Winch Mounts

It seems that each dealer has their way of PAPERWORK some seem to get a better deal but it looks like Kawasaki would make all dealers be fair to their customers, Kawasaki customers that is.

Old 08-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: idahopraire
The way Kawasaki customer service interpretted the promotion was that in the wording "winch or plow, mounting bracket...." in that the plow included a mount, not the winch or they would have worded it differently. Between the overpriced winch mount and upgraded $500 skid plates I think Kawasaki could include these item in the price of an $8k toy.
I wouldn't worry too much about some customer service rep thinks, mostly because they can't even interpret modern english! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's pretty clear that the paragraph reads winch or plow, mounting brackets (plural) included. Reading it as " multiple brackets for a plow" just means that the CS person has poor reading comprehension.

My dealer included the bracket, and they ain't giving nothing away for free! He had literature on the promo that included all the part numbers, the bracket was in there.

Hey, do you guys know that installation is also included in the promo? It is! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

yeah, my mount plate is included but I live in GA and bought the ATV in AL. They didnt have the plates so I will be installing mine when ever I get the mount plate. I dont mind doing it myself because the only person I can complain to about something I dont like with the installation is ,,, me.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

My dealer included the winch mount with the winch for the $69. Of course, I don't have either one yet.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Tyr
Trailblazer

Yes, I believe the winch mount is included in the $69 deal. I think the ad specifically mentions
the fact that it is included. I didn't get mine with the deal...although I had the chance. I
decided to just make one out of an existing kit rather than wait for the factory bracket to come
in.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Range Rover

I got mine and installed it last night, however it came with a hawse fairlead. At first I just thought "cheap bastards" then I got it installed and realised that this hawse ends up being mounted way back into the quad so if you were to try to winch sideways at much of any angle the wire rope would be hitting the front of the quad. A roller fairlead sticks out much farther and wouldn't do this.
I think my dealer might have tried to give me the cheaper model and save themselves some money.
Anyone else have this experience? How many have you got roller fairleads with your $69 winch deal "For the Brute Force 750"???
I'm going to call Kawasaki customer service and then Warn when they open and try to get this figured out.....

Old 08-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Range Rover

According to the folks at Warn, the BF750 winch mount is custom made by Warn to KAWASAKI's specs, so if it doesn't fit quite right, it's Kawasakis fault. Warn will be coming out with their own design setup in a few months....
Kawasaki says they ship only the hawse fairlead style winch.
Guess I'll probably end up fabbing my own multi-mount system or something.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

I put money down on a Brute today. Since I already have the Warn 2.5 I went for the snow plow and bought the mounting kit seperately. The box for the mounting kit has no fairlead inclosed. The winch I had has a hawse fairlead enclosed in it's box. I maybe wrong but I'm fairly certain that the Warn 2.5 comes standard with the hawse, the roller fairlead is a purchased option ??? The 3.0 and 4.0 both come with a roller fairlead standard, as far as I can tell. Looking through the winch mounting kit from warn/Kawa shows a wicnh with a roller fairlead in the instructions. Maybe they got their wires crossed and Warn used a 3.0 for the illustrations in the instruction whilst Kawa enclosed a 2.5 ? Regardless, a roller fairlead is about $30.00 from Rocky Mountain ATV. Both Ramsey and Oxlite have one that states will fit the Warn. I ordered one since I thought I would need it with the plow.

Atleast with my dealer, the winch mount is included with the winch. When the salesperson found out I bought it seperate, she was going to credit my account until I told her I wanted the plow.

Old 08-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

The newer Warn 2.5i comes with the roller. It looks like Kawi had a cheaper custom winch built for them.

Old 08-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Tyr
Trailblazer

Yes, the Warn 2.5 comes with a roller fairlead...but not the 2.5 you get from Kawi. It comes with
the black hawse and slightly different packaging. The box you get at the Kawi dealer should have
a Kawi sticker on it as it is made specifically for them by Warn. However, the winch itself does not
have any type of Kawi sticker on it.