Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

dynojet help, p-700..techies help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynojet help, p-700..techies help!!

I am trying to install a dynojet kit on my p-700. I have followed the instructions to the letter and here is what is happening.

I am at 100ft. I put in the needles, clip on 3rd position (from top), checked and rechecked my installation everything seems right.
For main jets I am usimg 134 front and 138 rear (instructions recommend 2 points higher if using a K&N filter 132 & 136 is what they recommend for stock filter) and I have turned my fuel mixture screws out 3 full turns as recommended.

The only other mod I have on the bike is a highlifter module.

It won't run. It will idle and as soon as i give her throttle it spits and backfires out of the carb (usually blowing a carb out of the manifold) With or without the airbox and filter it is the same thing. I can see my slides are working properly, but i see a lot of gas spitting out of the mains (through the needle jet) when i try to gas it. I tried turning back the screws to 1 1/2 with no better results (am i going the right way??) I am sure i am getting way to much fuel, but where do I start??

also I am wondering if it could be the highlifter ignition module not working well with the dynojets but I doubt it.

Anyone can let me know there set-up or advice please.

Old 08-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Mine worked good with the dyno jets. Put my needles on 4th position at 1800'

Old 08-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Range Rover

Hemi,
make sure your carbs are mounted properly to the boots.

try bringing the niddle clip down to the 5th notce.

You will want to open up the airbox by cutting out the baffle between the filter and the snorkle and in stall a bigger snorkle- I have used a peice of 2 1/2 vacuum hose.

without the air box on the engine is very lean that is why the carbs are poping.

If you open up the airbox like I said install the biggest jets (like 142/147)

This will help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

At first I thought I might have done something wrong like not seat the carbs properly but now that I have had this thing apart so many times and gone over it I'm sure its together right.

With the airbox back on it is still running like s#$t. I think I am way too rich. My plug is black and a little sooty. I've heward that dynojets instructions are a little on the rich side but mine won't even take fuel past 1/4 throttle.

Also, I have the clutch cover off (I got mud in there) to clean the clutches out. I have reconnected the two wiring harnesses coming out of the cover but my belt light is flashing. I don't have the cover tightened up. My bike only has 200 miles on it. Why is the belt light flashing?? Also what is the on/off switch in the belt cover for??

Old 08-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

You are not suppose to turn the key on with cover off, maybe that is your whole problem. It went to limp mode. Ask someone that knows more or look on nyroc tec tips to recalibrate.

Old 08-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

yep, just put all the stock stuff back together and same problem...it is the belt warning system...I'm limp..can anyone help???

Old 08-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

Do a search for nyroc He has instructions to fix that
good luck

Kasi

Old 08-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

"i'm limp can anyone help" lmao [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

You can just bypass the limp stuff by adding a dyna cdi. That may get your limp problem back to normal.
Of coarse that does not answer the problem at hand. No pun intended

The usual problem is not under jetting enough prior to Dial a jet. That means if you are stock you have to jet down 3 jets prior to making daj work. If you did not do that then that is the problem. That means with the kein main jets not DAJ. Also I should add that 5 jet sizes lower was also mentioned for it to work. Just call them and ask 138-142 should be 132-137 at sea level.
That is a far as my knowledge goes. I actually thought about trying the product.

Old 08-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

700Hemi, Here is the procedure for resetting your belt light, limp mode, form Nyrocs site.

PS, I'm glad you brought this up, I just ordered the jet kit for my bike.

Quick Reply: dynojet help, p-700..techies help!!