Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Oof, cant find the thread about the tire combo-

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:51 AM
CWG
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oof, cant find the thread about the tire combo-

Nyroc posted, I forget the starter...about using spidertrax and something else on the prairie.

thanks-

Old 08-18-2004, 09:00 AM
RIP Dear Friend

If Nyroc was the thread starter just insert his screen name using the search feature and the thread should show up.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:04 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

found it

Old 08-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

That tire combo caused me to roll during a powerslide. I was lucky and didn't break any bones. If you use that tire combo, I suggest fasting and prayer before riding. PM me for tips on fasting and prayer to help increase you faith in the event that you do buy such a dangerous tire combo. The dur traks have poor lateral traction and that can give you an unpleasant surprise when it is on the rear.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:35 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

Well........
This is a bit frustrating, I've been researching for several days and thought I'd come up with the ideal combo-
reality, 90% of my riding is farm. But I went trail riding for the first time last week and got hooked. Big time!-
The dunlops actually did fine, rocking, mudding, trailing. However someone had aftermarkets and he did a bit better. The OEM tires do well enough, but...they do feel like I'll roll over in a turn, even at farm speeds. I'll do WAY more snow than mud. And turf tires 4wd will do ok in snow.
I'd try some milder tires if I could get them in 26's or 25's even i.e. the kenda claws, fast trakkers, or even turf tamers! Half the battle in offroading is using the brain, instead of the machine...but those folks dont make them in taller sizes.
I think Im going to have to settle for something, which aint what I wanted to do...got thinking a combo setup would do well enough, the down side to the bike I rode with serious looking mudders was the ride sucked!
CWG

Old 08-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

The badlands I have are awesome all around tires. They are light, handle excellent, and are way better in the mud than stockers (but not good like real mud tires).

Claws are a little heavy but good.

Bighorns are also a little heavy but really good too.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

CWG, if you are going to ride a lot of snow I highly recommend the Maxxis Mudbug for snow.

Old 08-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

That's funny... this must be how that older thread got dragged up... ( I was corn fused, but I'm better now )... yes, the Bad Lands are proving to be a pretty good tire, just buy the wider set of rear tires, for better traction & stability... of course there are a host of great tires out there & new ones coming... buying tires is getting to be a tougher decision than buying the quad they mount up to...LOL...

I almost never run the same rubber in the front & rear, & as per NYROC's older thread, some thought must be given in mixing tires... I'd be glad to offer any expiriece, if you so desire... but sounds like a "set" of tires similar to the Badlands should suite you fine...