Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Better in the Woods (more capable) Prarie700 or VForce

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better in the Woods (more capable) Prarie700 or VForce

I prolly cant go wrong with the VForce either, as i can just get the Twin Peaks next year!
i will not be able to go nutz in the mud...and i cant crawl up crazy steep $hit...those are the things i will loose

VForce i gain Speed, Handeling, I WAS more comfortable on it....the ability to mod it more easily.....wheelies easier, i will be able to race GNCC Unlimited class....
Pretty plush ride with stock shocks i guess????

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XXxxSiCk660xxXX

VForce i gain Speed, Handeling, I WAS more comfortable on it....the ability to mod it more easily.....wheelies easier, i will be able to race GNCC Unlimited class....
Pretty plush ride with stock shocks i guess????

-bLuRRRR27-
I think in the end this should be the deciding(sp?) factor to seal it for you. If you feel more comfortable on the V that is probably what you should do.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have finally made up my mind, i am going to go with the VForce.....gettin muddy and crap is nothin new being the owner of 2previous sport quads that have less fender protection then the 700......I will have good clearance still, with no chain to worry about. I will just keep it outta the mudpits!

It WAS soo comfortable, and they really are no joke......they can be made plenty fast. Because i have all red and black gear, i will go with none other then Green!

Thanks for all the help guys, Im going to get it tomorrow moring and should have it by saturday hopefully!

Its good to go green, and change things up a bit, hopefully this this will be plenty reliable!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you will love the V. I really like mine. It would be great to have both[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. My raptor buds have kinda let me down. One just recently blew his motor, and the other traded to a dune buggy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

You will like the V. It does very well in many areas. I have followed a couple of praries around in my local mountains. They were suprized that I followed them without taking the easy way around. I have some pics on my page.

Old 08-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

I ended up going last night an hour before they closed! I just couldnt make up my mind on either model, i was set on the VForce but i was honestly talked into the TwinPeaks.....I think i will love it...

The TwinPeaks has the same power of the V, accepts the same mods clutch wise, and can go through most anything....without sacraficing any handeling like you would with an IRS 4x4. It handles like a sport quad!....

I also especially like the suspension better on the TwinPeaks. It felt way more forgiving. I have already had surgery on my left knee due to an injury on the Z400 2years ago! So itll be a little easier on me! Sucks because i am only 18, and having a few knee problems already!

I do fairly long rides, (60+Miles sometimes a ride)
If i got the V, right off rip i would want better shocks, and the IMS Tank! All that and it still has 4x4 for when i need it......

I will keep u guys up to date on everything, should be quite fun!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

Sick-- I think you will NOT be sorry. The P-700/Twin-Peaks is so versatile. You'll be able to ride year 'round! I do.
First mod: get rid of those $--ty tires! Those things will hurt you, if you ride aggressively.
Next, come on down to Wayne Nat'l. Forest, in S.E. Ohio and ride that thing!!!!!! We are there about every other weekend, if not there, we're in WVa at Hat/McCoy.
I sometimes miss my V-Force, that is, until I go thru a long ,deep, gooey muddy section......
Where did you buy the Suzi? Amherst? Penton's old shop?

Old 08-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Check your PM's!

I will be getting ahold of you!

Old 08-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

I kept them at the dealer for an extra 30min past there 8PM closing haha!

I had to go through NORRIS!!!! The good old screw me over dealership.....i have a VERRY LONG EXTENSIVE LIST OF PROBLEMS WITH THEM!!! Just to get a good idea what i am talking about, i had an insurance claim that they had to go about taking care of since Progressive makes an authorized yamaha dealership do your work!

If anyone on here keeps up with anything in the Yamaha Forum from last month you will see how i have just been completely screwed over and over again by them! It has cost me ALOT of money for there Mistakes....
I had my motor blown due to the fact that the day it comes back to me (2Months in a DEALERSHIP) for some reason the oil drain plug bolts were loose and came out while i was goin around 80mph.....on my way towing it back after it was all screwed up the wheel/tire came off and killed the axle, skidplate, hub and heelguard because the "experienced" Tech that did the work ( an 18yr old ) Left MY COTTER PINS OUT OF THE Castle Nut!!!!, so it just vibrated off and flew off...boy i could imagine if it happened 5min earlier when i was flying down the road! I would be dead!

I had a 15 Thousand dollar raptor, which i have in the last few weeks retured to stock so that i can get it traded in!
(for the most part minus a few high dollar parts that i had to EAT) It was brought to attention that an 04Raptor has a top bluebook value of 5300. I have gotten NO support from Yamaha either since it has been dealership related problems mostly! It has also been of course out of warranty!

It was in and out of the dealership 3 more times since the big incidents, and they appologized each time, with something else going wrong, which according to them they would take care of and fix at there own cost....

The Norris Auto Mall OWNER PatNorris recognized my problem as I went to him. He for the most part worked it all out through the Manager of Norris Motorsports (ATV Dealership) I got a good deal on a trade in 4600. I also got them talked down to 5900
(supposedly 300$ more then at cost) on an 05TwinPeaks since i felt they need to not make a whole lot of money off of me rather just make good, and let me out of there a happy customer! They knew i had a lawyer and was ready to take legal action if my problem was not resolved... In this case i was TOTALLY Turned off of Yamaha and my Raptor I just wanted it GONE!

I will NEVER return to that dealership again, and for that matter ever own another Yamaha Product due to there neglegence!

I will be getting a 3000CI Warn Winch that i also had them throw in! (I will install) I did all of my own work on my raptor up until the 2 month in a dealership Insurance Claim!

Finally get to get things rolling with the TwinPeaks, prolly wont race anymore even thought the courses in Ohio are a BLAST! But itll keep me from more potential injury.....

I just hope i have no problems with the TwinPeaks....
I will keep u guys updated like i said!

-bLuRRRR27-