Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

need info. on maxxis sur track tires or any good trail tire

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need info. on maxxis sur track tires or any good trail tire

Has anyone used sur track tires on their 650/700prairie? I'd like to try these because they look alittle more aggressive than stock and they are lighter than most of the other aftermarket tires and they are 2 ply which should provide a soft ride. I want to stay with stock size. I'm not looking for a mud tire but a good all around tire thats durable,smooth ride on hard surfaces,allows for power sliding,light weight, and less front end roll when cornering( stock tires roll quite a bit). If you have used these or can suggest another,please comment. I've read about the bear claws and dirt devils but I'm concerned that their weight will affect performance. Mud lites seem to be more of a mud tire and too aggresive. Any suggestions ? thanks

Old 08-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

from what you are describing for what you want to do with them, IMO, the All Trac, would better suite you, than the Sur Tracs... be aware that the Sur Trac, Bear Claws, Spider Tracs type tread, has a tendancy to be kind of wandery at speed, as the tread design when on the front tires, hunts for traction ... one of the newer better tire, IMO, are the Carlysle Badlands radials...

Old 08-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

25" tires will not affect performance much at all...... it is for the most part not much heavier, and your keeping stock size.
Our 450Foreman has 25"Bearclaws, and handles well at 45mph, it still powerslides really well, and believe me its underpowered!
Its a great all around tire, i believe they are 4Ply so u will get the added puncture resistance! IMO the handeling was greatly improved over the stock tires!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: newbeatle
from what you are describing for what you want to do with them, IMO, the All Trac, would better suite you, than the Sur Tracs... be aware that the Sur Trac, Bear Claws, Spider Tracs type tread, has a tendancy to be kind of wandery at speed, as the tread design when on the front tires, hunts for traction ... one of the newer better tire, IMO, are the Carlysle Badlands radials...
HMMM..Is that a new word??/ LOL..J/K NB..I even looked it up..=)..just messing with ya..