Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Ok guys, Time for mods!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok guys, Time for mods!!

I've been gone for a while with other projects, but now its time to get some action out of this prairie. Its all stock except the holeshot and black spring. I ordered the Dyna CDI today, should be here by end of week. I want your opinions on what to do and what not to waste my $$ on, Im not ready for teardown or cam job (still looks and runs like new). My friend just bought a P700 and we are riding in 2 weeks so obviously I dont want to be smoked too bad the whole trip. He will leave his 100% stock (just the way he is)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] As I do the mods I will be keeping close tabs on the performance gains, plan to do test after every mod so I can see what gave the best result instead of all at once. ( with GPS, radar, and Buttometer.) or if you have any other ideas you would like tested. Sorry for long post. Kevin

Old 08-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Since you are going to have to rejet, Nows the time to upgrade your exhaust, and air filter or you'll have to re-jet at each change.

Better tires, shocks and springs will help you keep it from rolling/dipping in corners. Better tires really helps & springs and shocks are the cake and icing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks tuffenuf, I noticed you have the dg snorkle, did that help that you can tell? I was thinking about the snorkle and twin air? Also with exhaust, I do alot of hunting when im not playing, do you know of a good performer without excesive noise, I know thats hard to acomplish. Tires I agree is a must (dunflops have to go)! I do about 50% heavy gumbo mud 40% grass and trail and 10% rock,gravel and woods. I was thinking (mudlites) whats your opinion? Do you think I would be best off to put everything on and go to the dealer for a rejet, or buy a kit and learn how to do it. shop said $50. Never did a quad before.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Range Rover

i have heard the hmf qs1 exhaust is an effective power adder and it is damn near quiet as stock...but i dunno if its available for your quad...look into it tho...

Old 08-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Range Rover

oh ya...btw.....i personally dont think jetting is all to hard to do...ive done quite a few and never managed to screw one up yet..lol...seriously tho its pretty easy if you are mechanically inclined at all...........

Old 08-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Im goin to be going with the Mudlights...

Just waiting on Nyroc to get back to me on a certain wheel combo that i am goin to be using from ITP!
Should be a pretty sick upgrade on my Peaks though!

Old 08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Keep in mind the 25"Mudlights have the smaller tread vs the 26, 27's and 28's.......

Old 08-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Range Rover

i watched blur hit a wall once....i think he was drunk....his raptor didnt like it all to much either but i thought it was funny. i dont think it matters what tires blur picks he does to many burn outs with em.......he picks them by which makes more smoke on the road j/k...lol.....

Old 08-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

As far as the Dyna CDI goes....well ill let ya know when i get mine also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

U cant go wrong with that! I actually hear that using the CDI, you dont wanna use a Degree Key, because the Dyna actually advances the timeing that much anyway! U just use one or the other.......

Old 08-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

if i take off my tires would my peaks fit properly on train tracks?

Quick Reply: Ok guys, Time for mods!!