Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BUYING A BRUTE FORCE TOMORROW---PLZ HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUYING A BRUTE FORCE TOMORROW---PLZ HELP!!

I HAVE NARROWED MY CHOICE DOWN TO A BRUTE FORCE 750. THIS WILL BE MY 1ST 4X4. ALWAYS HAD SPORT QUADS. THE ONLY NAGGING QUESTION IN THE BACK OF MY MIND IS WHETHER I SHOULD WAIT FOR THE KING QUAD 700. FOR JUST GENERAL TRAIL RIDING AND OCCASIONAL SNOW PLOWING, DO YOU THINK THE E.F.I. WILL BE THAT MUCH OF AN ADVANTAGE? ALSO FOR PRAIRIE OWNERS, HOW HARD IS IT TO START YOUR PRAIRIES IN THE WINTER WHEN IT'S AROUND 10-20 DEGREES (FAIRENHEIT) OUTSIDE?

Old 08-28-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

If you are thinking about the king, they should be out shortly. I would wait a little bit and compare them. I don't think the king will be as fast but the efi will be nice.

Old 08-28-2004, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

My P650 starts fine in the cold. Are you going to get a winch for the plow? Might want to ask a few questions about mounting setup on both quads.

I would love to have your dilemna. You've probably got the yips to get one or the other right now. Don't know anything about the King quad, but if you can wait, you will feel better about whatever you get because you'll know more about what you're doing.

Old 08-28-2004, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider

I agree, I would wait a little bit longer, most anything on the market right now is good. But If your spending that kind of money wouldnt you like to know for sure? I know its like a kid at xmas but you will be better off in the long run.

Old 08-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Travelor you ever go over to Columbis?Almost totalled a car when I was 14 coming out of Crosby one time.My Dad and 12 siblings were born outside of Columbus on a big farm.Have a fun and safe time Wheelin!

Old 08-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

i was thinking of doing the same thing to check the king out but i rode a brute and went ahead and glad i did, it puts a smile on my face.

Old 08-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Insaneape,

Mine starts at -40F with the use of sinthetic oil 0-40 Amsoil.

Old 08-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

DON'T WAIT, GET THE BRUTE!!!!! the brute will be a far superior machine to the king quad. gobs more power, better styling IMO, and why would anyone choose a single 700 over a kawi v-twin?

Old 08-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

i saw a camo brute with 26 inch mudlites on alum rims sitting in the showroom and thought wow i gotta get one of those, then they told me i could get it for $49 a month. so that's what i did, but looking closer at that camo i thought about it scratching and peeling. so i got a green one, and ordered a set of 28's out the door for 7700.

Old 08-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

I know efi has been around in snowmobiles and motorcycles for a couple of years but I wouldn't want to get it in the first production year in case there are any problems seeing how it is a whole new system for that muchine, I was sketchy about getting the brute force but so far I have had only minor problems

Quick Reply: BUYING A BRUTE FORCE TOMORROW---PLZ HELP!!