Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DAJ's gone, how you think she'll run?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAJ's gone, how you think she'll run?

Ok fellas. I just got the DAJ's and all the hoses removed. While i had the airbox off i went ahead and shimmed the needles. The front shimmed at .028 and .029 in the rear. my neighbor let me play with his digi micrometer. That thingy rules!! i need one of my own. I installed the stock jetts (138/142). I don't have any larger at the moment. i'm not sure what the idle screws are set at........i had them in all differnt setting with the DAJs..... Where's a good place to start with the idles screws???

So with the mods below, minus DAJ's, how you think the mad kaw will run? Consider how rich i have been with the DAJ's i'm thinking my Kaw may be an anomoly and be pretty dang close with the stockers in. You guys think she'll get more then 30 miles per tank now? IHMO the DAJ's are crap..........at least on my bike.

l8r
cart [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]h34r:

ps...........the whole reason i'm askin is cause i have my airbox off still, repairing the holes in the bottom. You think JB Weld will do the trick? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'll let you guys know were i stand tomorrow when i get it all assembled again.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Got you in kawiriders. Also, I think you will be better off without them.

Old 09-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

read ya on the other forum. couldn't be any worse than i was..........

thanks for the advise!

Old 09-06-2004, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, I think you will be better off without those.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

she has NO power!!!!! ANYWHERE!!!!! off idle, mid range, no top end at all, NOTHING.....maybe i shoulda left the DAJs on??? Anyway what could be the problem? The needles messed up? Jets to small (wouldn't think this is the probelm since its' totally powerless everywhere)? Idle screws need messin with???

It doesn't surge or backfire or anything, just has NO power!!!! the thing wouldn't get out of it's own way.........

Any idears???

Me don't think the intake is blocked, didn't look but was tryin to be sure i got it in the flap right...... that will be the first place i look.......wife through a fit so i had to hang up the tools for the day..........oh well, life goes on......

thanks for the help.
cart

Old 09-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Got you in High Lfter